Nocks matter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nocks matter

I was sighting in my broadheads a couple of days ago, and I noticed that one arrow hit 3" low compared to the other. Through a process of elimination, I found that it was different nocks that was the problem. On one arrow, I had older Nockturnal nock and the other had a knockoff (no pun intended) Nockturnal from West Houston Archery that was skinnier. Once I put the same nock on both arrows, they grouped the same. I wouldn't have thought that it would make that much difference, but it did.

That cost Chipper a nice buck some years back

Comment

Yep. Last year I had hell getting decent groups at all with my broad heads. I literally spent months trying to get my bow tuned so that they would group better with no luck. Turned out that it was the nocturnal nocks I had on them causing the bad grouping. I put brand new regular deep nocks on, and the rest is history. I think the nocturnals were just kind of worn out. The new nocks literally snapped onto the string tightly, while the nocturnals just slid on loosely.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
        Yep. Last year I had hell getting decent groups at all with my broad heads. I literally spent months trying to get my bow tuned so that they would group better with no luck. Turned out that it was the nocturnal nocks I had on them causing the bad grouping. I put brand new regular deep nocks on, and the rest is history. I think the nocturnals were just kind of worn out. The new nocks literally snapped onto the string tightly, while the nocturnals just slid on loosely.
        That "slid on loosely" thing can cause a dry fire when it "slides off easily" too--

Comment

Working...
        X