100 degree difference over 6 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 degree difference over 6 months

If we actually hit 109 at my house this weekend as forecast it will be official. During that one real cold snap we had my thermometer registered 9 degrees. Texas! Stay cool everybody!

Forecast is calling for temps of 110+ for the northern half of the state this weekend. And thats the actual temp, not the heat index.

Comment

Similar to 2011. In feb 2011, Lubbock recorded a low of -12, by June 15th we saw a high of 112. I remember both well, in feb I was working in cotton gin office in Childress, the pipes froze, highs struggled to reach 0. That day in June I was building a playground in the backyard for my son!

Comment

Definitely crazy!!

That's normal in Yankee country ;-)

Being born and raised in Iowa it'd 0 or below for weeks or months in the summer it'd be 90° & 90% humidity.

To me that was "normal".
        After moving to Texas I learned a new "normal".
        HOT & not as hot[emoji16]
        If it's not HOT just wait it'll get there :-)
        Last edited by Pushbutton2; 07-19-2018, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
          Similar to 2011. In feb 2011, Lubbock recorded a low of -12, by June 15th we saw a high of 112. I remember both well, in feb I was working in cotton gin office in Childress, the pipes froze, highs struggled to reach 0. That day in June I was building a playground in the backyard for my son!
          Working at the gin in Childress, there is a pretty good chance you have met my FIL. His name is Kenneth Ellis.

Comment

100 degrees isn't too bad where I am from. We usually swing ~120. This past winter, it was -30 at Christmas, and last week it was 98.

Regardless, its hot!

Comment

And Luckily... this to shall pass....

Comment

yes.. pool is starting to feel more like hot tub in the evenings...

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                  Working at the gin in Childress, there is a pretty good chance you have met my FIL. His name is Kenneth Ellis.
                  Does he work for the Gin or was he a producer that was up there drinking stale coffee

Comment

For what it may be worth, both the NWS and the Farmer's Almanac are predicting slightly below normal temps in August. That's still hot of course, but maybe it will not be a long string of 100+
                    (fingers crossed emoji)

Comment

The was Jan 17. Yesterday I was driving home from work, 1/2 mile from home, and my truck outside thermometer went from 107* to 108*. UNCLE!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                        Does he work for the Gin or was he a producer that was up there drinking stale coffee
                        IDK about the coffee. But he is there pretty regular and at one point was on the board, but that has probably been a couple of years. He is in his mid-80's, doesn't produce much cotton anymore, mainly ranches now. Stays pretty up to date and involved in things though.

Comment

I know what you mean, John!

Click image for larger version

Name:	A7E7E4C3-AC03-40E0-92A7-A21E29BD2C51.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	24546702

Comment

Local 6 o’clock news yesterday showed a middle school in Ft Worth register 112 & was still showing 108 at 6pm

Comment

I was going to go work at the lease this weekend but I'm staying home.. Calling for 107-109 in Brady as a high... It just ain't that important..

Comment

Working...
                              X