No announcement yet.

Aransas 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I appreciate the heads up but I think im done, im plumb tuckered out. probably pull my stand tomorrow, clean my deer and fish a little. That means there are probably three trucks stuck out there now, they had got another one stuck down there last night.

Comment

From this,

To this! That didn’t take long lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't forget I get blackstrap......

Did you shot him off the tripod?

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post

Did you shoot him off the tripod?
          Fify

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post

Did you shot him off the tripod?

I don’t have a tri pod thumper? I shot him out of a hang on stand and shot the pig walking out.

Comment

Made it down on the point this morning. Just got rain on petty good. It will be cooler while drying out...lol

In the picture there's a rain bow and just to the left in the water is a 12' alligator cursing the shore line looking for a meal. Hanging right in front of some beush that runs to the waters edge that always holds a sow and her piglets.

This stand is not really a productive spot for getting a criter bowhunting but I like the view.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Thumper; 10-06-2018, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Hope this spot, courtesy of Thumper, pays off. Saw some new tracks this morning just 25 yards out.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by stumpjumper1590 View Post
                  I don’t have a tri pod thumper? I shot him out of a hang on stand and shot the pig walking out.

Oops, I was ribbing Tyler, I loaned him a tripod.

Board when I left this evening.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hank, you did real nicely with that buck . That was a real hard hunt .

Comment

Thumper, love the view in your picture. That harvest is very low as far as hunters days and game taken. Is it average?

Comment

For you guys that stayed at Hoppers Landing, what was the day rate for a 30 amp rv slot?

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                          For you guys that stayed at Hoppers Landing, what was the day rate for a 30 amp rv slot?

When I called it was $25 a night

Comment

Any body going on the rifle hunt?

Comment

Hunted the rifle hunt a couple weeks ago on the 6th and 7th. Only saw hogs while I was driving around mid day. Not many hunters. Same old Aransas. Wet, couldn't find a dry spot to hunt in and some of the roads were still covered in water. The mosquitos were some what managable. Lots of road work and heavy equipment traffic from road repairs. Only saw a couple small bucks and some hogs taken on the board.

Rubber boots a must unless your crossing a ditch then I recommend hip boots. To bad you couldn't hunt ducks. I was covered in teal and widgeon.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                                Hunted the rifle hunt a couple weeks ago on the 6th and 7th. Only saw hogs while I was driving around mid day. Not many hunters. Same old Aransas. Wet, couldn't find a dry spot to hunt in and some of the roads were still covered in water. The mosquitos were some what managable. Lots of road work and heavy equipment traffic from road repairs. Only saw a couple small bucks and some hogs taken on the board.

Rubber boots a must unless your crossing a ditch then I recommend hip boots. To bad you couldn't hunt ducks. I was covered in teal and widgeon.

Doesn’t sound promising. I’m drawn for the 2nd rifle this coming weekend and am still on the fence about driving down.

Comment

Working...
                                X