Dang Acorns..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang Acorns..

....I just don't like them. I had some nice bucks coming into my feeder for weeks. Once the acorns started dropping they haven't been back.

Well go find them! I happens every year so have you a stand not on a feeder. Look for some rubs/scrape lines.

Comment

saw your dang oak trees down dude.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
        Well go find them! I happens every year so have you a stand not on a feeder. Look for some rubs/scrape lines.
        Just on a limited farm

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
          I love these answers lol. I’m in the same boat. 1150 acres of nothing but oak trees. Makes it impossible to nail it down. By the time you do, they’ll be back on the corn.

Comment

And that's why we call it HUNTING...

Click image for larger version

Name:	waambulance.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	24555922

lol

Comment

Im only on 20 acres with pretty much no oaks at the house so our deer have disappeared for now as well. But look on the bright side, theyll be back in a few weeks. Only thing you can hope, as I do, is that nobody is seeing them. Hopefully they are in an oak thicket where nobody is hunting. Around us, thats very possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We won't have an acorn crop this year because of the summer drought, but everything is so green right now. Things will really kick off after the first freeze.

Comment

Originally posted by CrossTimbers View Post
                  We won't have an acorn crop this year because of the summer drought, but everything is so green right now. Things will really kick off after the first freeze.

Ha, our first freeze is normally sometime after season closes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Acorns or not if you know when the rut hits in your area better be in the blind they will be back around looking for the does. I'm on a property that's loaded with acorns haven't seen much these last 4 or 5 sits but the rut around here hits first week of November and I'll be in the tree happens every year they will be back

Comment

Originally posted by More Liberty View Post
                      ....I just don't like them. I had some nice bucks coming into my feeder for weeks. Once the acorns started dropping they haven't been back.
                      Good luck and I feel your pain same thing here

Comment

I'm not sure about the farm but walking in my front yard is like walking on marbles.

Comment

Find you a good oak flat/bottom and pour corn on the ground... They should come to the corn on the ground even while eating acorns

Comment

Post and white oaks here are already starting to rot. Still eatable but won’t last much longer. Will have a bumper water/pin oak crop this year, but haven’t noticed many red oak producing.. below average for sure

I’ve got about 30 of the huge burr oak acorns in crisper of refrigerator now to pot this spring. Golf ball sized white oaks! When my kids are grown they will be the hottest thing in town. As well as 6 red oaks from the Mississippi delta

Comment

well with all this rain west, it should spoil our acorns on the ground.

Comment

Working...
                              X