Frog Legs Recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frog Legs Recipe?

I'm looking for a good recipe to cook up some fresh frog legs... prefer to not fry. Only have 4 sets due to my lack of proper gigging abilities.

ole big croakers are hard to come by these days. only had em fried so no help there

Comment

Originally posted by bowtechbandit View Post
      ole big croakers are hard to come by these days. only had em fried so no help there
      The one on the far left was the first one and he didn't look small until I stuck the other ones. Let a lot of smaller ones go and missed several the same size as the largest one. Our pond is loaded with huge tadpoles right now.

Comment

Chicken fried

Comment

Originally posted by pigstika1978 View Post
          Chicken fried
          Don't eat fried foods, so looking for other alternatives.

Comment

ive grilled them and they were great, but don't have any special recipe

Comment

Never had any other way than fried. Give them to someone who will eat them fried? Sorry no help here.

Comment

blackened in a cast iron skillet!!!

Comment

Originally posted by willie View Post
                  blackened in a cast iron skillet!!!
                  This was the first thing I thought about...I've blackened fish, chicken, and steak, so no reason it wouldn't be good.

Comment

they are good. had them in new Orleans one time and now this is how I do it.

Comment

I would marinate in Ragin Blaze fajita seasoning then bake in oven or cook on grill with veggies as pictured below.

(not my pic but kudos to the original poster )

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                        I'm looking for a good recipe to cook up some fresh frog legs... prefer to not fry. Only have 4 sets due to my lack of proper gigging abilities.

That little guy on the left should been givin a pass lol. That's worse than killing a spike from us Cajun boys[emoji12]

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                          That little guy on the left should been givin a pass lol. That's worse than killing a spike from us Cajun boys[emoji12]
                          Yea I know. He looked bigger in the water[emoji85] After gigging him I let several of his little buddies go so they could grow.

Comment

I've had them cooked in a skillet with some onions and peppers and they turned out pretty good.

Comment

Frog legs get pretty tender and can fall apart on a grill so I use one of those fish baskets made for grilling fish that has the top that closes down. I marinade in anything from Italian dressing to garlic and olive oil. I use kosher salt and pepper to season but it think I need to order some Ragin Blaze!

Comment

Working...
                              X