Why I Switchsd to Thumb Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why I Switchsd to Thumb Release

I put together a video discussing my decision to switch to a thumb release for bowhunting. I had some great input from a lot of folks here that helped me make the decision! Several have asked me how the transition is going.

Anybody else considering making the switch?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tntfHcT9-Y"]Why I Switched to Thumb Release for Bowhunting ) - Carter Just B Cuz - YouTube[/ame]
    My Flickr Photos

I don't shoot much, in fact, practically never these days. I don't even recall how I came to shoot a thumb-release, but it feels more natural to me.

Comment

I made the switch last year to a TRU ball 3 finger for some of the same reasons. I feel like I am more accurate with it also. I need to get a back up release so I might give the Just B cuz a try!

Comment

I had a bad habit of trying to punch the trigger with my index finger, plus the strap release was putting a lot of strain on my elbow. Thumb release solved both issues. It is a much different anchor point, in fact I can't say I even have an anchor point other than my peep, string on nose and chin, and E35 at the back wall.

Comment

I switched about three years ago, and I think it is the best thing I have done ( archery wise). Like you, not having it attached to my wrist is great, but I feel like am going to loose it also. I shoot a Stan just X, they don't make any more. I have tried others and they just don't feel right, so I have three of them now. So yes it has cost me some money switching over. But the trigger crispness ( if that's a word) is fantastic, and well worth it.

Comment

I wondered what specific gear you were looking at that day.

It was good to meet you and you are spot on about CCR. I’ve not found any reason to go anywhere but Cinnamon Creek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Army of Dad View Post
              I wondered what specific gear you were looking at that day.

It was good to meet you and you are spot on about CCR. I’ve not found any reason to go anywhere but Cinnamon Creek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              It was great to meet you, as well! Thanks for letting me use your "likeness" in the video! Keep checking that mailbox for the royalty checks!

I actually made my purchase in January with Jeff and Chris, but I didn't think to film it while I was there originally. The day I saw you I was there specifically to get some b-roll for this project!
              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Very informative and thanks for putting it together.....Well done.

Comment

left you a comment. Good video

Comment

.... I've been with my Stan for 3 or 4 years now and I don't think I could ever go back to a wrist release

Comment

I’ve been considering switching since the end of last season, but I can’t justify the amount of some of those releases, however I like the idea of nothing attached to my wrist and wonder if I’d be more accurate with it.

Comment

i've been thinking about this for a couple of years now

Comment

Tagged.

Been thinking of making the switch but never messed with one enough to be sure

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Very informative and thanks for putting it together.....Well done.
                            Originally posted by rladner View Post
                            left you a comment. Good video
                            Thanks for taking the time to comment on the YouTube channel! Those comments definitely help the vids (and the channel) gain traction.
                            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                              I’ve been considering switching since the end of last season, but I can’t justify the amount of some of those releases, however I like the idea of nothing attached to my wrist and wonder if I’d be more accurate with it.
                              The price of the upper end models can be hard to swallow. Of course, there are some less expensive options available that serve the exact same purpose.
                              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                              X