Hallelujah...finally some rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hallelujah...finally some rain

Getting rain at the leases in Nacogdoches and San Augustine counties! This might come in time to save my food plots in San Augustine but I think it is too late for the ones in Nacogdoches. Also, my yard was looking bad- been having to run the sprinkler some to keep from losing my grass. Getting a good, soaking rain.

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
    Getting rain at the leases in Nacogdoches and San Augustine counties! This might come in time to save my food plots in San Augustine but I think it is too late for the ones in Nacogdoches. Also, my yard was looking bad- been having to run the sprinkler some to keep from losing my grass. Getting a good, soaking rain.

That’s great Russ but it’s missing us in Lufkin...dang the luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes it is !

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep, think I got some in Mt. Enterprise this afternoon too, at least it looked like it on the radar, but Groveton stays dry.

Comment

Got some yesterday just east of Brookeland

Comment

Got a little here in Whitehouse. Finally! The past two weeks the little pop up showers have been all around us. Thankful for every bit I can get these days

Comment

We received 4.4" north of Lufkin today. All of the ponds are full again. They were at 2021 levels prior to today.

Comment

We did get a good dose today in Nac. It was very much needed.

Comment

Put a new tarp up on the 10' x 20' canopy between the trailers at the lease Saturday morning. Took a nap that afternoon and woke up to a sound I didn't know. Realized it was raining and hard. Got 1" in Atascosa county and the ground sucked it right up.

Comment

We got 2.6 just east of Nac.

Comment

3/4" just south of Henderson. Thankful.

Comment

Wondering, what kind/type of food plots are ya'll planting up there that are already in the ground. When did ya'll plant them? Down here in South Texas we plant oats or rye in the late late summer or early fall. I see these guys on TV planting all kinds of stuff in different area of the US but what is working for East Texas?
                        We are praying for rain down here as well, I moved cows around Saturday. They are finally giving us a chance for rain later this week, and we are watching the Gulf carefully.
                        Originally posted by Russ79 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                          Wondering, what kind/type of food plots are ya'll planting up there that are already in the ground. When did ya'll plant them? Down here in South Texas we plant oats or rye in the late late summer or early fall. I see these guys on TV planting all kinds of stuff in different area of the US but what is working for East Texas?
                          We are praying for rain down here as well, I moved cows around Saturday. They are finally giving us a chance for rain later this week, and we are watching the Gulf carefully.
                          warm season food plots- around here iron and clay cowpeas are king, also see a lot of browntop millet, clovers, black oil sun flowers, ect...

Comment

We are getting a some here in Terrell.

Comment

I planted iron and clay cowpeas. What was funny about the whole thing is that when I planted in April in San Augustine, the tractor rutted parts of the plots up because the ground was muddy from the more recent rains and some seed actually fell into water puddles. This is the first rain we have gotten since then.

Comment

Working...
                              X