No announcement yet.

Lbj

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rod, If I give Larry a Texas Chicken, and he gives it to you, will every one be happy?
    (thier gobling is just a speech defect)

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
      So has anyone commited to going to LBJ opening weekend? All I can tell is everyone is mad at each other for something. Larry, I am gonna hit you up for some vine info very soon via PM. And if I gegt any this year it will be with the bow only.
      Im on Emergency Call and cant make it...dont own a rifle or a shotgun for turkey birds so Ive always used the bow..its FUN

Comment

Glad to see it got all cleared up

Group hug... nah, I ain't a rainbow warrior
        Jeff Young

Comment

The scarey part is that I'm considering letting piggy call my first gobbler in out at Grapevine! ~Twilight zone theme playing~

AFD, I don't owe you a thing, you spoiled brat!

Comment

Wow, I'm impressed with the maturity of everyone who posted here. This was sure diffused fast.

PiggyBack - I had forgotten about the bread bag trick. Definately going to need it on Saturday. Y'all make sure you wax up your strings real good, too.

Comment

A suggestion, you might want to bring along some 00 buckshot or some slugs to thin the coyote herd. We ran into 3 coyotes last weekend during the youth hunt. But, change the choke before shooting, 00 buckshot or slug through extra full choke could be disasterous for you.

Scott

Comment

Your killing me Larry
                Jeff Young

Comment

#4 or #6 which do you like for a turkey load? Also, do you prefer a 2 3/4 , 3 or 3 1/2 inch shell? I like 6's in the 2 3/4 inch length with my 1100 since it has a full choke, I can reach out there pretty far and pop one of dem old Toms. I tried shooting turkey with my Mossberg, using 3 inch shells but they wouldn't reach out very far.

Comment

Alright guys, Mike is here...
                    Calling birds to find'em is completely different than totally educating them. Otherwise no one would get any after opening day.
                    The first birds I found up there was when I slammed a truck door and they gobbled like crazy. Think that was the first door they ever heard???
                    And don't tell me about LBJ, public land, hard, etc... I hunted there for over 15 years for deer, turkey, dove, quail, rabbits, snakes and the occasional drunk women on mules!!!
                    Some of you know the drunk, mule women, naked daughter story. I'm legendary!!!

(Editing for not reading the end where everyone was swapping spit in the showers...)
                    Last edited by WCB; 03-29-2007, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                      ......I hunted there for over 15 years for deer, turkey, dove, quail, rabbits, snakes and the occasional drunk women on mules!!!
                      Some of you know the drunk, mule women, naked daughter story......
                      Mike, you will have to tell me the story........or better yet, just tell me the location. I promise I won't tell anyone what unit. We don't want it to get over run with hunters.

Comment

LOL... Mike, you are too cool!

WHen you get back we have to get together
                        Jeff Young

Comment

We'll meet up when I get back and hunt some hogs!!!

Comment

now that is settled, maybe we can get back to hating the horse folks for scaring everything out of the county!! wish i cold be there opening morning, but i think i will wait til mid week next week instead. toona and piggy please leave me some birds, and good luck to all!!

Comment

bowhuntntxn,
                              maybe I'll run across you next week. they can have the weekend stuff out there. i'll try to coax some info out of piggy and fill you in.

Comment

Drunk Horsey Women

I was out there about 4 yrs ago with a hunting partner. We were driving the back roads at sundown the day before turkey season about 3 miles north of Cottonwood Lake. Two wild looking gals on horse back flagged us down on the graveled county road. They were lost, drinking beer and wine and looking for their campsite.

We busted out laughing when they told us they had been following the blue trail and then got on the purple trail. The purple trail was, of course, private property markings to indicate no trespassing. They were about to fall off their horses and feeling no pain.

I tried to hook my buddy up but he wouldn't take the ugly one.

Comment

Working...
                                X