Pool excavation Tomball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
    Surfing back throu this thread! Brings back the highs and lows during my build process. I would say that I probably got raked over the coals by my stone guy. The other trades were in line. I was a newby and had no idea. Moving forward, a lot has changed. I'm now running with 2 dig crews/rebar crews, 3 mason crews, and the same gunit plaster. Using MM for gunite/plaster and have 2 deck crews. We are building and building pretty quickly till the summertime slow down. I'm going to post some pics throughout just to show that it's possible to accomplish things in life that ppl will tell you you can't.
    Curious where you came in at once everything was said and done.. I’m sure there were things you learned like any project you DIY but that experience is worth $$$.

Comment

Surfing back throu this thread! Brings back the highs and lows during my build process. I would say that I probably got raked over the coals by my stone guy. The other trades were in line. I was a newby and had no idea. Moving forward, a lot has changed. I'm now running with 2 dig crews/rebar crews, 3 mason crews, and the same gunit plaster. Using MM for gunite/plaster and have 2 deck crews. We are building and building pretty quickly till the summertime slow down. I'm going to post some pics throughout just to show that it's possible to accomplish things in life that ppl will tell you you can't.
      Well good for you, that is very impressive.

Comment

I had a buddy in California drain his pool to redo it himself. It was chaos for months. He wanted to tile the bottom of it or something. His wife was so mad she about lost it when she came home and we were drunk in the backyard with jackhammers. We actually ran away from her cause she was blaming it all on me being there and what kind of stupid ideas I can come up with.

Comment

A lot! This has been a very interesting event. I've started a pool company in the process. In the beginning it was just so various companies would quote me pricing, i.e. Equipment, stone, tile, fire bowls. I purchased any material needed myself and just paid labor to my guys, never hired a clean up crew, we did that ourselves. Got the equipment at cost which saved 50%. Originally the bids were high 70-low 80's for a smaller pool, cool deck or pea gravel deck, smaller raised wall with no fire bowls. I'd venture to say this is an exception to the norm but I'm 10-20 below those numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          HAHA wow, i just got a quote for a pull like that this week.. he told me id be around 70 grand... I might be the next DIY'er LOL

Comment

Swampa... I tried to send you a PM but it said your inbox is full.

Comment

trophy8, and I just don't like pools as much as I like hot tubs. Last month I installed a two hot tubs on my uncle's patio. And every time there will be a party, everyone could enjoy them. By the way is would be great to understand the difference hot tub vs jacuzzi, so I can explain my friends those terms and will like I'm the expert, hah, and what exact options I have on those two hot tubs pre-installed, as well as temperature pre-installed adjustments.

Comment

here is one of them...

Comment

Working...
                X