Photo Editing Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo Editing Software

I just got back into photography after being out of the game for 18 years. Cameras have changed a lot and software has changed a lot. I bought an Olympus Pen F but I’m interested in getting a beginner/intermediate software for photo editing.

Suggestions?

Lightroom is popular I hear. I’m new to shooting raw so lots to learn.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I like Lightroom. It will handle most editing, let you shoot RAW and it's also a file organization system, with tags, etc. If you need more complex editing, like with layers, the ability to make composites, etc, then Photoshop is what's most popular.

Edit: I should have also mentioned that Lr is non-destructive. Your original RAW file is always there just as you shot it. The editing you make is applied to exports, but the original RAW is always preserved.
      Last edited by Snakelover; 12-07-2017, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Lightroom x3, used mainly for color correction/grading. Anything more than that you will need photoshop.

Comment

Lightroom is my favorite.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

For stating out, I'd look at some of the free or cheap alternatives. Gimp is on that comes to mind. I use the Canon software for working with the RAW files and then Paint Shop Pro for working with the jpegs. What I do, I don't want to spend the money for the Adobe products, especially since the did the Microsoft thing and went to annual charges.

Comment

Lr is the best for sure.

Comment

Lightroom & Photoshop have free seven day trials you can try them out. Lots of youtube instructional videos out there, too.

Comment

Thank you all for the feedback!

Comment

Lightroom is great but you have to subscribe. I just bought Affinity and so far I like it. It was only $50, one-time fee and also lifetime updates.

Comment

Working...
                    X