They're moving, Snakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're moving, Snakes

Caught this little guy in my shop floor. He was under a trailer that I had been working on. Hope he was the only one. First one I've ever seen in this area.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hmmm. I could be wrong, but that looks like a timber rattler. I’m sure you are aware that they are protected and released it unharmed.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      Hmmm. I could be wrong, but that looks like a timber rattler. I’m sure you are aware that they are protected and released it unharmed.
      You are partially correct. When I put him back on the ground he was unharmed. This is in Boyd TX. I didn't know they were around here.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

They have been moving for about 3-4 months now..

Comment

He would've delivered some pain for sure.

Comment

Last edited by SamSowell; 05-22-2019, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Lots of Timbers in Wise County.

Comment

Shocking news.

Comment

I stopped and gave a rat snake a pass earlier. 30 seconds later, I ran over a copperhead with my 4 wheeler. Yep, they’re out and about.

Comment

He looks plenty healthy in the before pic

Comment

Got two rat snakes in the coop Sunday night. One was UNDER a live chicken! NO b.s.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                        Got two rat snakes in the coop Sunday night. One was UNDER a live chicken! NO b.s.
                        Wow

Comment

Saw a coachwhip yesterday and a bull snake today. I can't believe I have not seen any rattle bugs yet. For the last two years I would have killed 5-6 by now.

Comment

Our rescue dog grabbed this thing so quick.

Comment

Found my first ever copper head a few weeks ago. I kicked it when looking for stinging nettle. I was walking along, kicked something, whatever it was took off through the leaves, then stopped about four feet away. I went looking for whatever it was. The last thing I was expecting was a copperhead. I was thinking mouse, lizard, something along those lines, not a snake, definitely not a copperhead. I was about to start digging through the leaves to find whatever it was, when I saw the tail sticking out from under the leaves, I decided not to dig through the leaves.
                              Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 05-25-2019, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X