No announcement yet.

Colonoscopy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh I almost forgot. I have been cancer free two years and will add six more months to it this June after I see my cancer doc.All jokes aside this was something I could have avoided by having the proceedure done 3 to 7 years earlier.I the words of Larry, GET ER DONE!!!!!!

Comment

Nice, except we ain't cousins- 5 'You know, in
      Arkansas, we're now legally married.'

Comment

Yep,

Get the proceedure done. I am on the 2 yr plan after a couple of bouts with diverticulitis. The Dr. found three polyps and said see you in two years. Scheduled for April 14th. 2nd Colonoscopy at age 45. You never know.

Comment

The only thing that's worse than a colonoscopy is standing in front of your Dad's casket who died at 71 from colon cancer, with your Mother cursing the doctor he saw for 30 years and never told him to get one done.

On my last one, I promised myself I would stay awake to watch the monitor. The last thing I remember saying was "hey- that looks like your driving up the New Jersey Turnpike near Newark Airport!". I don't know if the Anesthesiologist turned up the level at that point, or I was going to sleep anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had my 1st one last year...this writeup was hilarious!!lmao I can relate to everything!haha the Moviprep tasted like pledge furniture cleaner and i cant drink sprite anymore...

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine was a piece of cake.

Comment

If anyone is going to have one ask if you can take SUPREP. Drinking 6oz with 10oz of water 2 times is not bad . That MOVPREP sounds horrible. Drinking SUPREP was not the worst part, it was what happens immediatly after - it started working in about 5 minutes & kept working for the next 12 hours or more.

Comment

Not sure of the brand name, but I drank little glass bottles of flavored poison that got the ball rolling. They told me to start in the evening. I was on the throne all night.
                  Next time I'll start earlier so maybe I can get some sleep after the explosions.
                  And I too was still visiting the potty while awaiting anesthesia.

Not fun and I'll have my second before my 50th birthday because I was diagnosed a "polyp producer".

Chews experience helped my decision to get it done early at 44yo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Standing O for you sir. Fantastic read

Comment

That was amazingly FUNNY!

Thanks for some of the best laughs I've had in a WHILE.

I've had three, last one at age 68. Afterwards the Doc told me I wouldn't need to schedule another for the rest of my life! SO excited........then I thought....hey....HEY...wait a minute!

Comment

Funny stuff muzzlebrake.

I actually had one before I was even 40 due to some extreme lower abdomen pains. I did not sleep through mine, they gave me a local but I was awake. I told the lady doing the procedure she could have at least bought me a drink first.

Best of luck to you Artos! Prayers sent for you brother.

Comment

I'll get mine in 3 more yrs. I've asked at last two check ups, and they say we'll wait till I'm 50. Hope I'm all clear down there!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mac5dawg View Post
                            Been there and done that. Wife said I was a complete moron afterwards and got up before I was suppose to and walked around farting with my butt hanging out my gown for about 5 minutes. Bad part is that I went to the lobby during the 5 minutes and made a fool of myself. She said it was funny and she and a nurse were following me trying to get me back to the room.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
                            Roflmao!!!!

Comment

One thing is for sure. That prep procedure makes Charmin worth the extra cost.
                              After 6 hours and countless reach backs it takes a very soft touch.

Comment

My indignity begins tomorrow 6:30 am.
                                I haven't eaten in 20 hours.
                                Currently in a pretty bad mood.
                                And prep starts at 5pm.

Rough seas ahead.

Comment

Working...
                                X