This bobcat has learned to hunt the feeder pen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This bobcat has learned to hunt the feeder pen

I've gotten a few pics of this bobcat around this feeder pen. I'm convinced he's learned the pen is a good source of bobcat food. He got him a squirrel this time. I've gotten several pics of him in the middle of the night crouched off to the side of the pen in ready to pounce position. Pretty cool.
    Attached Files

What is that box under the feeder? A trap?

Comment

Keeping the corn thief's down

Comment

It's just a scrap piece of 6x6 cedar. Sometimes little pigs squeeze through the panels and root around under the feeder. They made a pretty decent hole under the feeder. I put some sacks of concrete, a couple of pieces of cedar, and a t-post just to fill up the hole. Redneckery.

Comment

That would probably be an easy cat to trap if you wanted it. He's probably saving you lots of corn right now though by keeping the coons and squirrels away.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            That would probably be an easy cat to trap if you wanted it. He's probably saving you lots of corn right now though by keeping the coons and squirrels away.
            I wish he'd work harder on the coons. I think he prefers squirrels, mice, and birds. I have to deal w/ coons on a Dukes basis. But every little bit helps for sure.

Comment

I've had them do that. Find quail and red bird feathers all around the pen.

Gary

Comment

They learn for sure. Used to have one in south tx wait for the quail to come. I have one now at the ranch that I have got pics 2 different times with a squirrel. Foxes learn too. Got pics of a pair of foxes with a squirrel.

Comment

Man if you could send that cat my way, he could have all the squirrels he wants around here. I have been trying to wipe them out, I know that's not possible. But if I had a cat like that around helping control those dang tree rats, it would be nice. We have a bunch of large rat snakes, I have found everyone one of them up in a tree. So I know they are hunting up in the trees for birds and tree rats, but they are not getting near as many as I wish they would.

Comment

Working...
                  X