Prairie dog hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prairie dog hunting

I’m looking for a place to take my dad prairie dog hunting for his birthday this spring. Does anyone have any suggestions. thank you

Hunt them for free up here, lots of public land p-dogs.

Comment

Should be plenty in the Panhandle. I wouldn't mind doing this during my October pronghorn with Ray Posey.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
        If we had the time to drive to Wyoming I would love to hunt them up there. I was looking for some closer to Texas. I have been told that they have a disease and 95% of the prairie dogs have died in the panhandle.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
          Do you have a contact of someone that would want host to a few guys with substantial acreage and towns? These are people that would pay good money for the right circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by Texasbeanie View Post
            If we had the time to drive to Wyoming I would love to hunt them up there. I was looking for some closer to Texas. I have been told that they have a disease and 95% of the prairie dogs have died in the panhandle.
            I assure you they’re alive and well up here in the panhandle. I’ve got a couple spots I hunt here, but I don’t have the ability to give away access.

Comment

I wonder if hogs can get that disease...........

Comment

that disease is called cianide

Comment

That’s just what a Texas parks and Wildlife biologist told me today on the phone. So y’all would still go hunt them if I can find a place to take my dad?

Comment

That’s just what a Texas parks and Wildlife biologist told me today on the phone. So y’all would still go hunt them if I can find a place to take my dad?
                    yep

Comment

Following with a lot of interest.

Comment

Thank you guys for all your input.

Comment

Google it up. Their are some outfitters in the pan handle and just over the border in New Mexico. Don't know how far Renton is, brother in law stays up at the NRA range and says that people are friendly up their and will let you hunt the area. be sure and wear your NRA hat and drive a American made Truck.

Comment

Originally posted by stevieray54 View Post
                            Google it up. Their are some outfitters in the pan handle and just over the border in New Mexico. Don't know how far Renton is, brother in law stays up at the NRA range and says that people are friendly up their and will let you hunt the area. be sure and wear your NRA hat and drive a American made Truck.
                            I have a tundra so I guess they won’t like me.

Comment

We hunted prairie dogs when I was a kid in southern Wyoming and northern Colorado. Killed a lot of them. My buddies father worked on natural gas compressors, while he was working on compressors, we would take off and go shoot prairie dogs. We had to help him with the compressors, usually moving those huge heads around. I don't know if he had permission to hunt those areas, or if he just knew it was ok. I know we had people drive by us, while we were carrying rifles, they would just wave and keep going.
                              We had a lot of fun shooting those things, you can get many hours of entertainment just sitting in one spot. We would usually sit in a spot for 15 to 30 minutes, that was if there were a lot of dogs, where we were shooting pretty much non stop, the whole time. After you kill enough from enough towns, they stay below ground for a while, you can either wait them out or take off walking, looking for more, that have not got the memo about flying bullets being dangerous to their health.

Comment

Working...
                              X