Alaska fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alaska fishing

Has anyone fished alaska ? Looking for guide recomendations. Any and all info plz. Thx.

I have done the freshwater salmon run and saltwater before they enter the rivers. I prefer the salt.

I've only been on two trips but out of Ketchikan was my favorite.

Comment

My FIL booked us a trip for August 2019 we will be targeting salmon and halibut. My wife’s uncle goes with this outfitter every year just about and has a blast. I’ll have to look at the name of the outfitter.

Comment

check out Alaska Expedition Company

Comment

Thx

Comment

Where at in Alaska? I'm headed to Cooper Landing on the Kenai Peninsula next week.

Halibut fishing - find a good price charter/guide and go.

Salmon fishing in the rivers - watch a few videos, maybe take a half day guide to learn the ropes then talk to the locals about good areas.

Comment

Never been i know nothing. Just wanna catch fish have fun. Lol

Comment

My only 2 Alaska salmon experiences were on the Kenai river area. You try and snag the fish in the mouth using a really simple "fly" with a split shot attached 1' - 3' from hook. You can feel the split shot bouncing off the bottom and when you feel a pause or a tug you set the hook. If you catch one great if you missed toss it back in and let it bounce back down the river You can use a spinning reel, bait cast, push button or fly rod. If your ok with a fly rod use a 8/9wt, less reeling and casting more flipping and feeling for fish.

Here is a good video on it.

Rental cars are expensive up there just a heads up.

Comment

First, I'd suggest you pick a few species you'd like to fish for and go from there.

It's a big place, lots of water and lots of fish and the timing can be different for species and locations.
                  Last edited by austinRecurve; 06-19-2018, 08:02 PM.

Comment

I have fished with a guy named Ron Wielbacher out of Soldotna on the Kenai Peninsula. His operation is called R.W.'s Fishing. I started fishing with his guys in 1990 and go back every chance I get. I highly recommend this outfit. You can do a variety of trips with him. We generally fish three half days with his guides for salmon on the Kenai river, one Halibut trip out of Homer, and one fly out in a bush plane on the other side of the Cook Inlet. He will arrange the Halibut and fly out as part of the deal. He has fully furnished condos on the water. My wife and I are taking our kids and their kids the first week of August. This is a "humpie" year so I really wanted my granddaughters to be able to catch a lot of fish. You can catch a lot of fish and probably bring home more salmon than you care to eat. You are allowed only 2 halibut. We have also fished for off shore salmon as side trips on alaskan cruises. I much prefer to eat the offshore salmon than the ones in the river coming in to spawn. If you want to PM me, I can give you more information. I am pretty sure he is booked up for the rest of the season. I am going to try to post a picture of my wife with a nice Silver Salmon she caught last year. She was not nuts about going to a fishing camp at first but now she wants to go every time I do.

Comment

Unable to post picture. I am computer challenged.

Comment

Mary and I have fished with Classic Alaska Charters several times, together, and with other groups..

Comment

Our Kenai River fishing guide service offers a variety of fishing trips and is designed with the customers success and satisfaction in mind.

Went 3 years ago and spent several days with Ian. Unreal !! Don't know what he charges and we have buds. We stayed with him so and fished 3 days for silver and we did a white water rafting trip on the 6 mile creek in hope Alaska which was insane. highly recommend do it !!!! Ian lives in Soldotna and grew up on the Kenai river and boy does he know it.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X