Caddo lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caddo lake

hey guys, looking to take the family to Caddo during my daughter's fall break. Anyone have any recommendations on where to stay? Will have to be pet friendly. Places to eat, things to do, possible half day fishing guide, lake tours, ect.

Any other thoughts or suggestions.

TIA

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
    hey guys, looking to take the family to Caddo during my daughter's fall break. Anyone have any recommendations on where to stay? Will have to be pet friendly. Places to eat, things to do, possible half day fishing guide, lake tours, ect.

Any other thoughts or suggestions.

TIA
    if you can get into the state park that is were i would stay,,, but they tend to stay booked up,,, there are several small motel/b&b's around the lake they might be the only choice..... love fishing that lake!!

may have to just do a search on things to do around the lake and guides,,, hopefully someone on here will have more knowledge about those

Comment

Not many eating options but two great options are Big Pines Lodge and River Bed Restaurant.

Spring break we stayed at Cottage on the Big Cypress Bayou. We had 4 adults, 8 yo, 1 yo. Awesome place, fantastic boat house and dock setup. Saw a handful of other rental options on this stretch of the bayou. This area is closest to eats and activities.

7-8 years ago wife and I stayed at Gator Lodge on Potters point on the main lake. More of a fisherman’s house but it was decent and has a great boathouse and fish cleaning setup. This is farthest away from eats and activities.

Fishing guides - there are several around. Depends on what you’re after. I booked my first guide ever—>Billy Carter out of Johnson’s Ranch. He runs a big operation. I had always heard lots of good things about them. We did a half day trip with what turned out to be a backup guide (they forgot we had booked a trip) that didn’t work to put us on fish. It was a total $350 bust. My son didn’t catch anything but the guide made sure to reel in the fish he caught. They did give us a pint of frozen fillets as a consolation prize. YMMV. If you go with them I would birddog them beforehand to make sure they’re prepared and try to get Billy to guide you.

Billy and his wife Dottie also have several cottages. Check out Spatterdock Cabins.

Comment

Run over to Jefferson for eats.
        They have good variety.

Comment

Thanks, my daughter is 7 so fishing would just be what ever we can catch, bream, crappie, cats or what not.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
            Run over to Jefferson for eats.
            They have good variety.
            This^^^

Cool little town with good eats and interesting sites to visit for sure.

Comment

Jefferson is cool! And your close to Pines! I would fish there.

Comment

We stayed at the State Park last month in our RV. They also have cabins. I would highly recommend doing a boat tour. You can get a list at the Park office, I think it was the last one on the list. The price was $25 a person for most of them. We are at Knightlight Tavern our last night, it was very good. Wish we would have stayed another day or two, I would have like to spend a little more time in Jefferson.

Comment

Just in case you’re taking your own boat, listen real close.....you can get lost real easy on that lake.
                  I recommend just fishing off a dock with a youngster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post
                    Just in case you’re taking your own boat, listen real close.....you can get lost real easy on that lake.
                    I recommend just fishing off a dock with a youngster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    Words of wisdom!

Comment

Working...
                    X