Does he score well???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does he score well???

So he is weak on his brows and weak on the 4’s but good mass. This one has me puzzled. So does he score well in your opinion. Think I may be over on what I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m thinking mid to upper 130’s.

Comment

I would guess around 140 plus or minus a couple inches.

Comment

Depends on your definition of "well"?? Probably mid to high 130's I think.

Comment

I was suspecting somewhere in the low to mid 140's just cause I was hoping that his mass would make up for some of his shortcomings like the brows and the 4's

Comment

Ive got him at 139”

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
              Depends on your definition of "well"?? Probably mid to high 130's I think.
              This is what I was going to say. Nice buck

Comment

135 to 140

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyag15 View Post
                    This is what I was going to say. Nice buck
                    To me either way he is nice enough. I am really not very well versed or really care to much about the scoring of the deer I just go by whether or not it is a deer I like or not. I was really just curious as to whether or not his short tines would hurt his score a whole lot as I am trying to get more into that side of the hunting aspect and being able to score on the hoof as it was never a concern.

Comment

He is a great deer! If you like him, by all means shoot him. He may surprise you and get in the 40's, but either way, you'll have a fantastic deer on the ground. He has a lot of character.

Comment

He will be hi 130s maybe 140

Comment

Originally posted by Ricochet83 View Post
                          To me either way he is nice enough. I am really not very well versed or really care to much about the scoring of the deer I just go by whether or not it is a deer I like or not. I was really just curious as to whether or not his short tines would hurt his score a whole lot as I am trying to get more into that side of the hunting aspect and being able to score on the hoof as it was never a concern.
                          Tine length is 60% of the score so yeah it’s the most important aspect of a rack beams are you second most important part of the rack as far as scoring well ,mass is 3rd most important because it usually want ever be greater then your tine length are your two beams put together to score really high . Your spread is just a little bonus measurement . But don’t get me wrong it helps to have at least 30” of mass
                          Last edited by Hoss163; 11-19-2019, 12:41 PM.

Comment

He may crack 140. Old mature deer. Shoot him

Comment

140 2/8

Comment

Working...
                              X