Question about 3 Rivers Wooden Arrows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cannot recall if it was on this site or another archery site I visit from time to time but the question was raised about wooden arrows and 3 Rivers Archery. Several of the posters opined that 3 Rivers was a great place to buy traditional gear from but strongly suggested NOT buying any of their wooden arrows or shafts. Can anyone here comment on this?

I am not a wood arrow guy at all, but I think I remember that what was said was that 3Rivers arrows are not as consistent or matched as well as some others.

I believe you can get good ones from The Nocking Point, but wait till guys with more insight post here!

Bisch
    Last edited by Bisch; 10-12-2016, 03:22 PM.

Comment

I have read that here as well. Can't remember who said it.

Comment

Simple search... it was Arvin... see post #2 (as well as others that agreed.)

Since he doesn't always get on here (busy guy) I figured I'd post the link and you can PM him.
        Last edited by SwampRabbit; 10-12-2016, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Spine within 8# and not even close to weight matched. Work in a pinch, but I'd rather buy from an arrow maker

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Definitely not a wood arrow expert, but have been looking into them lately and just ordered some from Forrester Wood Shafts. Supposed to be very tough (has a video on their website of the owner shooting concrete blocks without breaking the wooden shafts).

Comment

I have bought raw shafts from 3 Rivers and they were kind of all over the place as far as grain weight and the shafts were not very consistent. There are a few that shoot the 3 rivers premade shafts that seem to like them and those are probably ok but if you are going to build your own arrows then I would say get your raw shafts from the nocking point or surewood shafts. I have never had any issues with any of theirs.

Comment

I bought 3 rivers shafts and they made fine arrows however, I use The Nocking Point now. They weigh and spine all their shafts

Comment

Since I stopped building my own I have gotten my arrows from Jeffro on this site. Weight, spine and finish is top notch.
                  I'm very particular about my arrows so I only use from someone I can trust.

Comment

Thanks for the information gents. I will keep it all in mind.

Comment

So where is the best place to buy arrow building supplies?

Comment

Although I haven't purchased shafts or feathers from them, I've been pleased with everything I've bought from Kustom King Archery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm going to have to look at what it will cost to built them. $80 a half dozen hurts.

Comment

I've been real happy with the quality of arrows from No Frontier Archery, considering the price. I've purchased 4 dozen in the past month (2 dozen for me, 2 for a friend) and wouldn't hesitate to buy more from Him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by J_Foster; 10-13-2016, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                              I'm going to have to look at what it will cost to built them. $80 a half dozen hurts.
                              Good wood arrows are as, or more, expensive as any other kind of arrows these days!

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                              X