Any IDPA Shooters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any IDPA Shooters

Anyone in here shoot IDPA competition? I went to my first local competition last month and it just watched. Started upgrading my Glock 19 then realized I needed something else. So I ordered the XDM 5.25”. Hopefully it’ll get here this week and I can start practicing with it. In the mean time I’m using my smith and Wesson victory.

I never cared for IDPA. I’ve shot USPSA for 20yrs.
    Last edited by texag93; 08-12-2018, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Does USPSA allow more modifications on pistols? I haven’t really looked into doing competition before but maybe one day I’ll venture into other comps.

Comment

Im fixing to start shooting idpa in the fall. Mainly because there is a local club that runs steel and idpa shoots so I can shoot almost every weekend if I want to. Its close enough and cheap. I wouldn't mind trying uspsa down the road.
        I shoot a CZ TSO for steel and picked up a P09 for idpa

Comment

Originally posted by robert97dodge View Post
          Does USPSA allow more modifications on pistols? I haven’t really looked into doing competition before but maybe one day I’ll venture into other comps.
          Yes. And more freestyle shooting. Go shoot IDPA, USPSA, and Steel Challenge if you can. Then venture into 3 gun if you want to.

The shooting sports need more people.

Comment

I ah e never shot IDPA. After speaking to several people who have, it doesn’t sound like is care for it after so many years of USPSA. To many rules in general. It is more real world/practical shooting. USPSA is speed and accuracy. Shoot fast, shoot straight.

Comment

I enjoy IDPA. I certainly has more rules, but they help you learn to think and shoot. USPSA is more fun.

Comment

USPSA is much more fun and enjoyable. IDPA has way too many rules that can be interpreted differently so every IDPA match turns into a bunch of grown men arguing with each other.
                USPSA has several divisions you can choose from that allow different modifications. My suggestion is carry optics. It lets you have high capacity and a red dot without breaking the bank. Plus you use a gun you're already familiar with so you can familiarize yourself with the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
                  USPSA is much more fun and enjoyable. IDPA has way too many rules that can be interpreted differently so every IDPA match turns into a bunch of grown men arguing with each other.
                  USPSA has several divisions you can choose from that allow different modifications. My suggestion is carry optics. It lets you have high capacity and a red dot without breaking the bank. Plus you use a gun you're already familiar with so you can familiarize yourself with the sport.
                  I don't know where you're competing at, but I've shot IDPA club matches for several years at different ranges and we've never had an argument.

I shoot whatever I'm feeling that day and what division I want to shoot. Either a M&P Shield in .45, an STI Spartan in .45 or my Sig 226 in .357 Sig. We have a club shoot the second Saturday of every month and a steel challenge every 3rd weekend.

Comment

IDPA has come along way the past several years with rule changes. Imho, it's nowhere close to USPSA for fun and challenging courses of fire. USPSA makes you move, shoot and most importantly think on the best way to engage a course of fire. IDPA mandates how you shoot the course.

If you can get past the tactical timmies who actually buy into the "real world" aspect that IDPA trys to portray itself as, it's fine and sometimes fun to shoot. I shoot IDPA twice a month for PCC practice because it's close to the house, on a week night and I enjoy the guys I shoot with. I have no desire to shoot an IDPA match with a pistol. I'll save my bullets and time for USPSA and Steel Challenge.

I've shot USPSA/IPSC since the early '90's and still enjoy it. After being in LE for 29 years, some of the "tactical" nonsense that IDPA promotes is comical. And to the OP, shoot what you have. Spend money on bullets and practice. Although I usually run a custom 2011 for limited division in USPSA, occasionally, I still run a match with a Glock and keep up with the big boys just fine.

Comment

I shoot some local idpa matches and love it but my schedule prevent me from shooting on a regular basis. Great people and lots of fun.

Comment

Thanks for the feed back. I’m gonna start with the IDPA shooting just because I can do about 10 minutes from my house. As I get to be a better pistol shooter I’ll look into other competitions as well. I wouldn’t mind finding one I can use my smith and Wesson victory .22. It’s a fast fun gun to shoot!

Comment

Originally posted by robert97dodge View Post
                          Thanks for the feed back. I’m gonna start with the IDPA shooting just because I can do about 10 minutes from my house. As I get to be a better pistol shooter I’ll look into other competitions as well. I wouldn’t mind finding one I can use my smith and Wesson victory .22. It’s a fast fun gun to shoot!
                          Steel Challenge has a rimfire division.

Comment

Working...
                          X