Next Lens to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next Lens to buy

I have a Canon T3 and the 18-55mm lens it came with and I bought the 55-250mm f4-5.6 telephoto lens. What would be the next lens to buy?

What's you budget.

Low? Get a 50mm f/1.8

High? Go for a 70-200 f/2.8

Comment

I just bought the tokina 11-16 wide angle and love it.
      Great lens for landscapes.

Comment

It all depends on what you want to use it for. I can agree with the other two posts on lenses. A wide angle zoom is a lot of fun. I haven't used the Tokina 11-16, but I do have the Sigma 10-20 and, like billinkb said, these are great for landscapes. A 50/1.8 is so handy. I found mine in a pawn shop for $20 and just love it, especially in low light circumstances. If you want to get into sports photography, then the 70-200 f2.8 is great for night sports (kids' football games, etc.). In fact if you have active kids, I wouldn't think twice about this lens. If you want to do wildlife photography, then you want something more powerful than the 55-250. I have Canon's 100-400 f5.6 and love it. Being a zoom, you can find your critter at 100, then quickly zoom to 400 and take your shot (especially handy for birds in flight). Those are just a few of your choices. There are other lenses similar to these that you can look at. Again, it all depends on what you want to do. Check out the reviews online, whichever direction you choose.

Comment

Depends on what y want to shoot.

Portraits:50mm 1.8 or 1.4
          Landscape :Canon 10-22mm

Awesomeness :Canon or Tamron 24-70mm (tamron has image stabilization) & 70-200mm

Comment

Working...
          X