Ruger Ranch 7.62x39

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruger Ranch 7.62x39

So I just picked up one, the caliber is pretty new in this platform. Apparently Ruger had so many requests they had to buckle and start pumping them out. Does anyone have one? I'm trying to find out what flavor it likes the most.

I had one and used the hornady sst. Killed a fallow with it. Do your self a favor and buy the Hogue stock.

Comment

Then get your butt to the range with many different flavors! I want to know too.

Comment

Yes they did I sent them a request every month for last 2 years.

Comment

Haha I'm putting a leupold bench rest 12x on it tomorrow to group. I have five different flavors ready 4- good quality American ammo and 1 good overseas make. I'll post back to this thread with my results.

I think I'll get the hogue stock thanks!

Comment

mine shoots decent 100 yd groups with Russian soft point ammo
            killed several pigs with it
            find myself carrying it more than my AR

Comment

In for the results. In testing my Howa the American might be slightly more consistent but lacks in the group department. Wolf is king. Tula sucks. Hornady decent. Remington was minute of paper. 7 animals between wolf 124 HP military classic and WPA 125sp. Not one moved. Other than wanting to test the 140bthp hornady Black from the creed I'm only using 7.62x39 for a second year. Under 250 I'm sold on .22 a round, guess I'm cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by DWA View Post
                I had one and used the hornady sst. Killed a fallow with it. Do your self a favor and buy the Hogue stock.
                Curious on the recommendation on the Hogue stock.

Comment

Alright I just got the scope mounted (leupold 12x fixed target) to group it then I'll put a leupold M8 4x or M8 6x on it to leave on it.
                  I'm looking forward to the results I find. I really appreciate all the tips and recommendations.

Comment

Originally posted by snipermedic View Post
                    In for the results. In testing my Howa the American might be slightly more consistent but lacks in the group department. Wolf is king. Tula sucks. Hornady decent. Remington was minute of paper. 7 animals between wolf 124 HP military classic and WPA 125sp. Not one moved. Other than wanting to test the 140bthp hornady Black from the creed I'm only using 7.62x39 for a second year. Under 250 I'm sold on .22 a round, guess I'm cheap.
                    I really appreciate it I have a case of wolf 122 hp and a case of Golden Bear 123 FMJ brass plated cases. Then some PPU, Federal Fusion, Remington, and Hornady that I will also be adding to the mix.

Comment

I don't have this rifle. But the Hornady SSTs are bad to the bone out of my AR. Nasty lil round.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Okay so the top three groups in the Ruger American Ranch 7.62x39 are as follows-
                        PPU 122 gr PSP 1.25" @100
                        Golden Bear 122 FMJ brass 1"@100
                        And Strangely Wolf 123 HP .5" @100
                        Everything else was 1.75" or greater
                        Every group was a 10 shot group with 1 minute pause in between each shot with bolt open and ten minute cool pause between loads.

Comment

Yep told ya. Wolf constantly beats the other stuff. Try the 124hp military classic and the WPA 125sp. SGAmmo.com had both at great price.

Comment

Hogue makes a stock for the Ruger American ranch ?

Comment

watched the review buy hickok45 ,my safe is getting smaller and smaller

Comment

Working...
                              X