Another Score and Age, East Texas 8 point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cstrey18 View Post
    I got all the same measurements except I only gave him 16" spread and 30" mass but I don't know how big the bucks are around there. If he's 200 pounds and 16" between ear tips then he could easily be over 140.
    My buddy said, it looks like a doe with horns. Body isnt real big to me, or just the horns make him look smal. They do not get 200lbs around here. In East Texas, they get shot as soon as the are almost outside the ears lol.

Comment

Originally posted by cstrey18 View Post
      I got all the same measurements except I only gave him 16" spread and 30" mass but I don't know how big the bucks are around there. If he's 200 pounds and 16" between ear tips then he could easily be over 140.
      Hard to tell but this deer was 16" wide. I think he is right there or maybe an in" wider.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
        My buddy said, it looks like a doe with horns. Body isnt real big to me, or just the horns make him look smal. They do not get 200lbs around here. In East Texas, they get shot as soon as the are almost outside the ears lol.
        I'm in East Tx/Henderson County. The bucks that get 5+ are every bit of 200 pounds. I have a couple toads this year and their bodies take away from their rack size. I have some good minded neighbors when it comes to letting deer walk though. I do have a couple if it's brown it's down neighbors as well. Most of the time how they hunt the deer are a lot smarter and avoid their tactics.

East Tx deer can get big! I estimated your deer live weight 175-190.

Comment

[emoji6] 6-1/4 & 142”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
            I'm in East Tx/Henderson County. The bucks that get 5+ are every bit of 200 pounds. I have a couple toads this year and their bodies take away from their rack size. I have some good minded neighbors when it comes to letting deer walk though. I do have a couple if it's brown it's down neighbors as well. Most of the time how they hunt the deer are a lot smarter and avoid their tactics.

East Tx deer can get big! I estimated your deer live weight 175-190.
            I wish I had your neighbors, cousin's usually have that mentality as well. They do not let deer grow. As well as all the old neighbors just wanting meat. They can get big, just like the one in Quitman a year or 2 ago that grossed 186" and was 200lbs easily. Just tough when every hunts just for legal deer, which most do around here so they never grow.

Comment

What a buck!!

Comment

Working...
              X