Travel Trailer vs Motorhome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
    I've looked at the Excursion option through Rad Rides by Tim and it would set me back about 40k for the conversion. It would be pretty sweet though.
    Although if I got rid of our suburban it might be cheaper lol.

Comment

ttt

Comment

Uno mas

Comment

We bought an older diesel pusher. Pulled a horse trailer to youth rodeos, weddings, graduations and visits. My wife says she will never sleep in a horse trailer with living quarters again. I would agree with don’t go brand new advice we also got. Look into 4 year olds most issues have been resolved. My wife will drive ours so she has hauled our youngest all over to rodeos and ropings. With little kids get one with table booth style for them to sit and eat color play at much easier for the little ones. The cross wind issues can be addressed by how many air bags are under the bus to help balance and help with the sway. Slides are nice and all the storage under neath is very nice. Look around and there are some with bunk beds. Keep in mind the restroom and shower in the middle not at the rear so when in back napping or sick little one you don’t have to go through there to go use the shower. Washer and dryer is nice to clean up dirty clothes and was towels and sheets while you head home! Just some thoughts and we will get another one “newer” after one more through college.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

if i had the money id buy a diesel pusher.

I dont so a bumper pull and duramax is in my driveway lol

Comment

Motorhome, but I'll say that all these folks pushing the diesel must have more money than I do....

A gas coach with a Ford V10 will be more than enough for most occasional users and is ALOT cheaper, both in purchase and in upkeep.

Ours tows a four door Jeep all over the country just fine.

There are of course pluses and minuses to any choice, but if you change your mind after the purchase, trying to sell a big 250k Phaeton is a lot harder than selling a 75k Thor.
              Last edited by Atfulldraw; 01-20-2018, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                Motorhome, but I'll say that all these folks pushing the diesel must have more money than I do....

A gas coach with a Ford V10 will be more than enough for most occasional users and is ALOT cheaper, both in purchase and in upkeep.

There are of course pluses and minuses to any choice, but if you change your mind after the purchase, trying to sell a big 250k Phaeton is a lot harder than selling a 75k Thor.
                I appreciate another opinion. This was my original thought. Just don’t know enough.

Comment

I appreciate another opinion. This was my original thought. Just don’t know enough.
                  I'll be selling mine within the next year or so....it's a 2014 Thor Challenger 38 footer.

It's a great coach, but I'm probably moving up to a slightly larger class A since my deployments seem to be getting longer and longer. I'm mainly looking for a bigger RV to pull a slightly larger vehicle (1/2 ton truck).

I'd look at a few of the Thor models in the 2-4 year old class -- there are some really good deals out there.

Comment

Travel Trailer vs Motorhome

Loaded and ready to roll

In Indiana last year.

Last edited by Atfulldraw; 01-21-2018, 10:47 AM.

Comment

I have had a travel trailer, gas motorhome and now a diesel pusher. Boils down to how you use it and how much you use it. I would say if you have never had one start with an affordable travel trailer and see if you actually use it. I bought my travel trailer from a guy on here pulled it all over the country and sold it for what I paid... did the same thing on the gas motorhome.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                        I have had a travel trailer, gas motorhome and now a diesel pusher. Boils down to how you use it and how much you use it. I would say if you have never had one start with an affordable travel trailer and see if you actually use it. I bought my travel trailer from a guy on here pulled it all over the country and sold it for what I paid... did the same thing on the gas motorhome.
                        Thanks. We have a Passport Elite 29BH we use frequently.

Comment

Thanks. We have a Passport Elite 29BH we use frequently.
                          Sorry I should have paid closer attention to the original post. So if you know that your going to do lots of travel in it and have the means you will not regret a pusher. Night and day difference between the gas and the pusher. My pusher is much easier to drive than my gas motorhome was. Just got back from a ski trip to new mexico in it and one of the things I like is being able to pull into a walmart and grab a few hours sleep. Typically I will pull out before anyone else is up and they keep sleeping.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post

You are 100% spot on here but I have to tell you that diesel with a tag is a game changer!

Been in gas pullers, diesel pusher with single rear and diesel pusher with tag and the later is by far the easiest most comfortable to drive.

Comment

diesel pusher all the way. kiddos don't like being in a truck all day for driving and have to stop too much. As much as I love my fifth wheel, it is better for longer stays but not a joy dragging around. If and when we were traveling more we'd be in a diesel pusher for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X