Alaska don't play!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alaska don't play!

An Alaska man has been fined more than $100,000 for poaching three bull moose and leaving the meat to rot.

Whatta dumarse!

No rifle. No ATV. $100k fine. 270 days in jail. Seems pretty stiff...

GOOD! Lol

Comment

Good for Alaska!

Comment

Wish we would do the same!

Comment

Never understood why people do that stuff. 50" Moose is huge. Glad they got the bad guy.

Comment

It was just a one time temptation that any one of us could possibly fall prey to.

I wish Texas would crack down like this on poachers and thieves in general.

And the State forgot to mention that's 3 less tags they get to sell to out of staters for lots of money. But we should believe they are worried about waste LOL

""A bull moose can weigh up to 1,600 pounds (725 kilograms) and feed a family for months with meat free of chemicals and hormones. A successful hunt is also a source of pride, Marsh said.

“It’s a really important part of our culture and tradition, and people take that seriously,” he said.""

Comment

Originally posted by Randallc View Post
              Good for Alaska!
              Before you get all giddy about what Alaska does to poachers, realize that, had that hunter been a native, nothing, and I mean nothing would have happened to him. A few years ago, a native and his son were caught shooting belugas from a cliff with absolutely no intent to salvage the carcasses, and they got off scot free when the guy claimed that he was just teaching his son "the native way." I know a pilot that went on a "seal hunt" in northwest Alaska with some natives. They rode out on four wheelers paid for by the U.S. tax payer and used military surplus ammo. The "hunt" consisted of a bunch of drunk natives with old, rusty rifles attempting to shoot seals in the head with crusty iron sites. According to the pilot, they couldn't hit the side of a barn, and had no intent of salvaging a seal if they did hit one. When he asked how they were going to recover the seals, he was asked "have you ever eaten seal? It sucks." It's criminal what goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                No rifle. No ATV. $100k fine. 270 days in jail. Seems pretty stiff...

GOOD! Lol
                Not stiff enough IMO. Not one moose, not two, but THREE moose and he had his nephew (child) along during some of the acts. You can't teach people like that with slaps on the wrist, you need to make examples of them. Heck, one whitetail illegally harvested here just got a $53K fine and I don't think that was severe enough.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                  Before you get all giddy about what Alaska does to poachers, realize that, had that hunter been a native, nothing, and I mean nothing would have happened to him. A few years ago, a native and his son were caught shooting belugas from a cliff with absolutely no intent to salvage the carcasses, and they got off scot free when the guy claimed that he was just teaching his son "the native way." I know a pilot that went on a "seal hunt" in northwest Alaska with some natives. They rode out on four wheelers paid for by the U.S. tax payer and used military surplus ammo. The "hunt" consisted of a bunch of drunk natives with old, rusty rifles attempting to shoot seals in the head with crusty iron sites. According to the pilot, they couldn't hit the side of a barn, and had no intent of salvaging a seal if they did hit one. When he asked how they were going to recover the seals, he was asked "have you ever eaten seal? It sucks." It's criminal what goes on.
                  So the democrat party is alive and well in Alaska?

Comment

I guess we know where Travis wont be moving......

Too soon?

Comment

Punishment he got was not enough. Should have been triple the fine and jail time plus never b allowed to hunt again.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                        i guess we know where travis wont be moving......

Too soon?
                        :d:d:d

Comment

Seems fair enough. Figure 1600lbs x3 wanton waste. 4800lbs...2 1/2ish tons of meat. Im surprised at only $3k in civil restitution. In Texas...I think thatdve been alot steeper.

Comment

Yeah and Texas needs to b that strict imo.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                              I thought everyone this day in age was treated the same in the USA. Is that not so?

If I lived there my whole life and saw this junk happening all the time I'd probably not give a crap either. I mean how could you be expected to?

Comment

Working...
                              X