Double Down Feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Down Feed

Just wanted to see everybody’s thoughts on Double Down Feed?

Search button is your friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What about Indian corn?

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
        What about Indian corn?
        Pokeweed and beggar’s lice. You may be surprised, Poison Ivey. Consult your QDMA.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrow-Tek View Post
          Just wanted to see everybody’s thoughts on Double Down Feed?
          Its expensive... The fact is that the Holdens have been feeding DD for years and their deer have grown up on it. They also let their deer grow old. If you are on a good protien schedule and start feeding right after the rut then you deer will replenish their bodies faster and when it comes time to grow new horns they will use more of what is in the protien and grow larger racks (instead of having to use it on their bodies). There are big deer all around the holden lease, but those guys arent publishing it dor the world. They are all on similar programs, but may not be using DD.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

You need a 10’ fence to keep them in.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
              What about Indian corn?
              Moonshiners said it is too expensive.

Comment

Corn bandits won’t touch it according to our research.

Comment

It is hard to find in my area and the ones that do carry it are not dealers, they get it from someone else and mark it up. I believe it is 16.99 a bag and have heard that most of the bags have weevils in it from sitting. Lyssy and Eckel has a mill not far from me and I tend to buy everything from them, I pay a little over 10.00 a bag there for their blend.

I also think when it was first brought out it was over hyped and some of the "tales of DD" got out of hand. There is a few on here that lose their minds when DD is mentioned and act like fools, posting all sorts of negative crap. I could care less what someone feeds, its their money.

You can buy powdered peanut meal and sprinkle in with any brand of protein, create your own DD. Lol

Comment

Good feed, but just like any other feed it's only part of a management program. I don't believe it's any better than LnE, or any other top tier feed.

Comment

Originally posted by gneimeth View Post
                      Corn bandits won’t touch it according to our research.
                      Unsure if serious....

Comment

Guarantee 200" LF bucks!

Comment

Never heard of her

Comment

Not really sure why all the trash talk about it. My deer eat it better than l&e, but not as good as AntlerMax. Around here DD and antlermax are both around $15 a bag, and L&E is about $10. I pretty much interchange them depending on my mood and where I am the day I’m buying. I dont feed enough each year that the price difference really matters, but wouldn’t mind finding antlermax for 10-11.

Comment

Trash Talk

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                              Not really sure why all the trash talk about it. My deer eat it better than l&e, but not as good as AntlerMax. Around here DD and antlermax are both around $15 a bag, and L&E is about $10. I pretty much interchange them depending on my mood and where I am the day I’m buying. I dont feed enough each year that the price difference really matters, but wouldn’t mind finding antlermax for 10-11.
                              Mostly jealousy and some folks don't like when others succeed. Brett Holden and others are growing big deer on it year after year and proving it. Its not just the feed obviously. He is doing everything else right when it comes to managing for big old deer. I also think it has become a joke of sorts that anything that gets even close to a bag of DD gets huge.

As far as protein goes I would be feeding DD if I could get it in bulk. There is no possible way I could physically put out 20-30K lbs or more in a growing season without a blower trailer. I am just too old I guess and don't have much help. So I Feed Record Rack, the consumption is good even when its a wet year, obviously not as good as dry year but still ALOT better than when I was feeding L&E. Noting against L&E I just think deer like the RR or DD better. Last time we filled protein a couple weeks ago the honey bee's were flying all around the feeders when we were filling like the sweet smell was drawing them in.

Feed what you want or can afford.

Comment

Working...
                              X