2nd official 2019 Texas Rangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
    Farm system is depleted and ranked bottom of the pack. I'm not sure most fans realize how bad off this thing is right now.

That is simply not true. It’s not a top ranked farm like it once was but it’s farm from the bottom. There is talent in there albeit most of it is below AA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cookemerkel View Post
      That is simply not true. It’s not a top ranked farm like it once was but it’s farm from the bottom. There is talent in there albeit most of it is below AA.

admittedly not a deep stats farm system guy but baseball America has them at 28 and bleached report has them at 29 ( June articles). Milb.com has them at 16... but the article starts with "Last year MiLB.com told you that the Rangers had a lot of strong arms, they were just a few years away".
      Last edited by camoclad; 07-31-2019, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Are the rangers even in a real deal rebuild? Member when the Astros were staring hard at 100 game loss seasons in their rebuild years? Seems like you would be dealing at the trade deadline if you was serious.....

Takes two to two step.

Rangers have been stuck somewhere in the middle for a couple years. Pence may have been their best piece, but he can’t play outfield now. Minor was there but he’s faded lately.

A decent first half probably cost them in the long run, but I won’t complain about pretty good baseball for 1/2 year...I’m not sure I have a lot more 95 loss seasons in me. I saw a lot of those growing up.

That stupid new stadium isn’t helping right now either...

Onward!

Last edited by Dale Moser; 07-31-2019, 06:06 PM.

Comment

That odor contract may haunt this bunch for a while if Bob and Ray don’t eat it....he was so **** good for a stretch too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Takes two to two step.

Rangers have been stuck somewhere in the middle for a couple years. Pence may have been their best piece, but he can’t play outfield now. Minor was there but he’s faded lately.

A decent first half probably cost them in the long run, but I won’t complain about pretty good baseball for 1/2 year...I’m not sure I have a lot more 95 loss seasons in me. I saw a lot of those growing up.

That stupid new stadium isn’t helping right now either...

Onward!

No truer words "stupid new stadium"

Comment

admittedly not a deep stats farm system guy but baseball America has them at 28 and bleached report has them at 29 ( June articles). Milb.com has them at 16... but the article starts with "Last year MiLB.com told you that the Rangers had a lot of strong arms, they were just a few years away".

I don’t deep dive in minor league stuff either. I keep an eye on Rangers farm here and there. I don’t see anything that has them as bottom dwellers. I think all of these rankings are pre-draft. Mid pack, not that it’s brag worthy by any means.

While there's still a lot of the MLB offseason left, it's time for an updated look at the prospect landscape at the start of the new year...

With team prospect lists concluded and the draft next week, here are our current farm system rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                That odor contract may haunt this bunch for a while if Bob and Ray don’t eat it....he was so **** good for a stretch too.

Hot cold hot cold hot cold, mostly cold though. I'm thinking he's worth something with the new stadium, he's still draws fans, cause he punched that Canadian right in the face. Merica

Comment

Maybe minor will decide to throw a couple of strikes at some point tonight. The 2 walks have already cost him. Down 1 to 0.

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                    [emoji6][emoji1]

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                    Astros played around a little...

Congrats on the new ring.

Comment

Could someone please find the good Mike minor and bring him back. This current version is a crap show.

Comment

Somebody saved a lot of prospects not trading for this “ACE” fader

Comment

Gotta wonder how much all this trade talk has effected Minors mental game

Comment

Originally posted by cookemerkel View Post
                            Gotta wonder how much all this trade talk has effected Minors mental game

Someone said during the last series with the stros.. he failed his tryout...

Comment

Good to see him pull out of that.

Comment

Might be time to pull minor. Down 5 to 3 and still only 1 out in the 4th. This guy has been a crap show for 4 or 5 games in a row.

Comment

Working...
                                X