2017 Texas Rangers Season Thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
    Did they accidentally post one for Yu wearing a Dodgers uniform?
    No, just some glamour shot of him mean muggin the camera in a white v neck.

Comment

Pitchers and catches report next Wednesday. I'm ready!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        I guess these guys are wrong..

Prince Fielder's day as a player appear to be over. Now the question is, what happens with his remaining $96 million in salary? Here's how the Texas Rangers, Detroit Tigers, and an insurance policy will all come into play.

What fans have wondered is, what happens to Fielder’s salary? He is owed $24 million per year through 2020, or a total of $96 million.
        There are two routes that can occur in a situation like this. If Fielder were to retire, he would forfeit all of the salary remaining on his contract.

But, according to multiple sources, Fielder will not be retiring. Instead, he will go on the 60-day disabled list. And, he can continue to stay on the 60-day DL, perhaps for the entire length of his contract depending on what his doctors declare his state of health to be.
        If he stays on the DL, he will continue to collect his guaranteed salary. But how that money is covered is a bit complex.

or

The Texas Rangers and Fielder will hold a news conference Wednesday, making it official. Fielder will not retire, per se, because doing so would forfeit the money he’s still owed on the mammoth nine-year, $214-million contract he signed with the Tigers prior to the 2012 season.
        Instead, Fielder will reveal doctors won’t give him the clearance to play again. A second neck surgery has further limited his flexibility and range of motion.

Well sob, I listened to a whole conversation on a radio station I don't like todsy because I thought they were talking about this situation. Clearly I zigged at some point and they zagged. My apologies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hate pitchers and catchers anymore, because it means baseball is kinda starting...but spring training is TOO LONG!

I dread the "elbow soreness" reports until opening day.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            I hate pitchers and catchers anymore, because it means baseball is kinda starting...but spring training is TOO LONG!

I dread the "elbow soreness" reports until opening day.

For sure.... Especially with YU..

Comment

Trade for Romo...wait is football over. Well farts!

Go Rangers

Comment

BTW I'll be watching this thread closely this year. See if maybe we can put together a "suite" get together for a game for the true Rangers fans on TBH.

Comment

BTW I'll be watching this thread closely this year. See if maybe we can put together a "suite" get together for a game for the true Rangers fans on TBH.
                  just need a big chair lol

Comment

That would be fun.

The best thing about spring training is the "ya never know" factor. There are always teams that load up in the off season, those that should suck, and all the middle grounders. But the season is sooo long, and it takes sooo many guys to win a game, and sooo many guys go next level and so many fall off.... more than any other sport, you just don't know what you've got. That's why it is "The Great Game".

I just wish spring training was 2 weeks, then PLAY!

Comment

Napoli is easy to cheer for. If every ranger tried as hard as him, we would be a very good team every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        just need a big chair lol
                        The chairs are big and cushioned. The food is good and the beer is cold. And the AC is nice and cold.

Comment

The chairs are big and cushioned. The food is good and the beer is cold. And the AC is nice and cold.
                          Wide is probably a better word than big.....lol

Comment

Good to see Nap back.

Comment

Great idea that would be fun.

Ready for the season to get here.

Comment

I think Ross is gonna be a big addition.

Comment

Working...
                                X