Doesn’t look too old??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn’t look too old??

So is this buck just really healthy? I don’t think he is 7+ but he looks fatter than all my other bucks. Opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check his jaw.

Comment

Just healthy

Comment

Doesn’t look too old??

Originally posted by Bear Charge View Post
        Check his jaw.

I am hoping to be able to check that this season. Got a kid I want to take down I think this would be an awesome first buck for him plus a lot of meat in the freezer for his family. That low hanging gut just catches my attention every time I look at pics of him

Comment

I’d say he’s old enough for what he is.

And all the teeth will show you is how old a book says the teeth are. That method has been proven very ineffective.

Comment

he's definitely mature. I'm not sure you'll get much better results from him. If he's a trophy to you or the kid take him. I'd def try to get him before rut though before he leans up.

Comment

Looks like a 4/5? Either way he is a great deer to kill.

Comment

Do you supplement?

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                  Do you supplement?
                  I do. I have been feeding protein for roughly 4 years. I go through a decent amount but I keep my CC at the minimum side to try to enhance the deer I have to the fullest. Have 420 acres in southeast TX that is high fenced and I try my best to keep between 45 and 55 deer on the property. but most I have gone through in a years time is 7 tons so they get it pretty good but definitely not near what some others go through.

Comment

the past 2 years he was a 9 point with a little crab on the left side which it looks like he did not get back this year and is just a straight 8

Comment

Originally posted by Ricochet83 View Post
                      I do. I have been feeding protein for roughly 4 years. I go through a decent amount but I keep my CC at the minimum side to try to enhance the deer I have to the fullest. Have 420 acres in southeast TX that is high fenced and I try my best to keep between 45 and 55 deer on the property. but most I have gone through in a years time is 7 tons so they get it pretty good but definitely not near what some others go through.
                      Gotcha, he looks like he's on CS. Huge body.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Doesn’t look too old??

Tried cs on that property a few times over the past couple of years and couldn’t get the deer to take to it. Turned out to be just nice cushy bedding for the coons to climb into my cages and sleep in.

Comment

He is OLD

Comment

I've noticed all of our bucks are much fatter this year than in the last few years. Good new for them I'm sure.

Comment

I’m thinking maybe he just has a thyroid issue!!! Bother pic of him

Comment

Working...
                              X