Some old fishing lures still in the box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
    Been working on cleaning out my grandparents place the last several months. He passed and she’s in the nursing home. I’ve discovered so many things that my grandpa held on to/never used. Stuff here and there. Stashed in drawers. Tucked away in closets. He loved to fish. When I was a kid, we’d always go up and fish in the “tanks” as he called them. I found a few of his old tackle boxes and discovered lots of these unopened lures still in the boxes. I’m not sure how old there are. Maybe late 70’s or 80’s. I know it’s been a long time since Walmart had those stick on green tags. I just thought it was pretty neat.

Haha, we have something in common. I have my grandfather's old tackle box
    as well. He loved to fish and, as a kid, I loved to dig through his tackle box and use his lures, hooks, lead shot weights, etc. His tackle box has the same lures in it that you posted. I still dig through it and think about how much I miss him.

Thanks for posting!

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
      I'd put them in a shadow box and hang them on the wall to remind you of the good times and your granddad.
      That’s a really good idea.

Comment

I liked the Fred Argobast Black Jitterbug and the Hula popper. Caught a lot of fish with them back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
          I liked the Fred Argobast Black Jitterbug and the Hula popper. Caught a lot of fish with them back in the day.
          I’m pretty sure I have both of those as well. Just not in the box.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
            Haha, we have something in common. I have my grandfather's old tackle box
            as well. He loved to fish and, as a kid, I loved to dig through his tackle box and use his lures, hooks, lead shot weights, etc. His tackle box has the same lures in it that you posted. I still dig through it and think about how much I miss him.

Thanks for posting!
            Good times....
            You are welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Devils Horse bait is Smithwick's answer to the Rattle Trap type bait. I'd have to google to remember the name
              ? Pico Perch ?

Comment

I want to say Pico Perch is a saltwater bait, but not 100% sure on that

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                  I want to say Pico Perch is a saltwater bait, but not 100% sure on that
                  Mine was a blue gill imitation that caught a bunch of bass.
                  Don't remember who made 'em though.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
                    Caught a lot of fish with them back in the day.
                    Yeah me to. Sucks that since they are outdated and have no marketing behind them the fish won't bite them anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                      I’m pretty sure I have both of those as well. Just not in the box.

If you can, post up more pics! I'm sure we'd love to see them. I know for sure I would... I have a few of my dad's lures, but one of my nephew's got his tackle box... Would love to get my hands on it!! Bet you have some of the same lures too!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        Sure thing.. top bait is a Smithwick Water Gater
                        Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post
                        ? Pico Perch ?

Comment

Hel take um out of the box and use them.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                            Hel take um out of the box and use them.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                            Ain’t scared.....

Comment

The Water Gator was a fine bait. The one in the picture has two treble hooks but they also made one that had a spinner blade in the place of the rear hook. The Water Gator was a forerunner to a Rattle Trap. The Baby Torpedos and Tiny Torpedos are also fine baits.

Comment

Working...
                              X