Pressure washers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pressure washers

Thinking of getting a pressure washer that can take soap to wash vehicles with. Like the idea of a dedicated electeic unit for this. Cost isnt a factor just like the idea of an electric unit. I realize psi will be limited to 2000. Anyone have any experience washing cars with these that can chime in?

We use Hotsy’s at work. They will do whatever you want, possibly more than you need for a car. You can get 3000psi and 250 degrees water if needed. Well built units.

Comment

I'm a pressure washer dealer. Own Lone Star Pressure Equipment in San Antonio. Usually electric units from a big box stores are junk with terrible Chinese pumps that aren't easy to get replacement parts.

You looking at just personal / residential use?

My cell is 501-553-8276 if you want to talk about machines

Comment

We use a Karcher pressure washer at work to scrub and power wash the main deck and exterior bulkheads of the supply vessel I work on offshore. Great unit with plenty of power.

Comment

Originally posted by Bulldawg87 View Post
          I'm a pressure washer dealer. Own Lone Star Pressure Equipment in San Antonio. Usually electric units from a big box stores are junk with terrible Chinese pumps that aren't easy to get replacement parts.

You looking at just personal / residential use?

My cell is 501-553-8276 if you want to talk about machines
          I have used a Lowe’s or HD (Ryobi maybe?) and HF electric pressure washers. Both suck. Quickly overheat the pump (I’m assuming) and quit on you until you let them cool down. Not a fan at all of electric. But I only have experience with those two

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
            I have used a Lowe’s or HD (Ryobi maybe?) and HF electric pressure washers. Both suck. Quickly overheat the pump (I’m assuming) and quit on you until you let them cool down. Not a fan at all of electric. But I only have experience with those two
            Exactly. There are far better options out there, even in small residential units. GPM is more important than PSI as well ...and most big box electric is very low GPM.

Comment

Just to wash my truck and wifes car ( and the kids go karts) will never leave the garage, no heavy equiptment ect.

Comment

Electricity and h20.... together?? Nooooooo thanks.....Hehehe

I've got a 3500psi Honda.....peel your skin with the high pressure tip on it.

Comment

I bought the SunJoe and it is a bad***. Will never own another gas pressure washer for around the house stufff again.

Here is a good thread on pressure washers..

Last edited by Smart; 10-28-2019, 07:00 AM.

Comment

I know you said electric but this thing has been great to me! I use mine a ton on my boat, cars/truck, shop, house. Sips fuel and when you put the zero degree tip on, you can peel paint with it. My buddy also got one and has been impressed as well. A+ for the price

You can put soap in the tank located in the stand, it only pulls the soap with the white tip so you can stop the soap flow as you wish by changing tips.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Anybody have any experience with the harbor freight electric ones?

Comment

I bought an electric AR Blue Clean AR383 in 2015 from amazon and use it at least once a week, cleaning garage floor, trim, concrete, fence, wash cars, wash pool filters, atvs, etc. I have never had a problem with it. I've replaced o-rings in the connections once and it needs it again. I have two gas powered ones I bring out for heavy duty stuff, but that is not very often.
                        For applying soap, buy a $20 foamer attachment.

Comment

Originally posted by chehunt View Post
                          Anybody have any experience with the harbor freight electric ones?

I don’t but the reviews are **** good on it. I almost bought one myself but decided to get a little higher pressure

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            I bought the SunJoe and it is a bad***. Will never own another gas pressure washer for around the house stufff again.

Here is a good thread on pressure washers..

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...ressure+washer

I was gonna bump that thread the other day and see if you had any issues to this point. Im in the market as well. Dirty ATVs boats etc

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              I was gonna bump that thread the other day and see if you had any issues to this point. Im in the market as well. Dirty ATVs boats etc

Still happy with it QB. When I was washing my deck and fence prior to staining it’s not hard to forget you are using an electric. It worked well. I had a gas one since 2000 and it hasn’t given me a reason to go back.

Comment

Working...
                              X