Anyone duck hunted Lake Fork?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone duck hunted Lake Fork?

I'm looking to make a trip up there to try to get some canvasbacks late in the season. Are there any restrictions?

let them swim off the boat ramp first before you shoot!

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
      I'm looking to make a trip up there to try to get some canvasbacks late in the season. Are there any restrictions?
      I have never hunted Fork but I know you don't need to drive near that far from Katy to kill all the Canvasbacks you want.

Comment

No restrictions other than the obvious, but save your gas, aint no ducks up here. Especially cans

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
          I have never hunted Fork but I know you don't need to drive near that far from Katy to kill all the Canvasbacks you want.
          This.

Point your truck the opposite direction

Comment

Over hunted and over rated.

Comment

Originally posted by lakefork View Post
              Over hunted and over rated.
              Yep. We do a lot better at Cooper.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                I have a lease in Rock Island, but you won't even sniff a can there.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                  I have a lease in Rock Island, but you won't even sniff a can there.
                  PM sent

Comment

I can't imagine having to drive all the way up here to get one but it's comical to see the people that still duck hunt and the ones that don't!

Now if you were asking about crappie I would tell you the dam broke, the lake's turning over, zebra mussels have infested the lake, and giant salvinia has taken over!!

If Rayburn or Toledo is closer I would go there! Big spreads of black and whites . Cans are dumb as rocks. Or clean crappie at the minnow bucket marina and shoot one eating the scraps if you make it to Fork.

Comment

Working...
                    X