X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, their website is open for pre-orders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Has anyone kept their lineman's belt on, loose, while using a saddle? I'm not concerned about a fall or flipping. The bridge and saddle are the only safety contact. This is similar to rappelling which is why it is considered one of the more risky procedures in climbing. I like the idea, having hung from a harness while climbing, it appears comfortable. I would just prefer a redundant system in case of saddle or bridge failure.

Comment

Leaving a linesman belt on makes it really hard to maneuver in the tree. I guess it could feasibly be done, but you would probably do better to use the same rope as a back-up tether.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
          Has anyone kept their lineman's belt on, loose, while using a saddle? I'm not concerned about a fall or flipping. The bridge and saddle are the only safety contact. This is similar to rappelling which is why it is considered one of the more risky procedures in climbing. I like the idea, having hung from a harness while climbing, it appears comfortable. I would just prefer a redundant system in case of saddle or bridge failure.

I leave my linesman’s rope on lose every single climb. It actually make for one less thing to do once I’ve tethered on. I just leave it right where it is, give a tug on the ropeman to loosen it up some and I’m ready to go.

Comment

Thanks for posting the info IkemanTX.

Im gonna have to watch all the videos later...but already sounds what Im aiming for in an aerial hunting system.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
              It’s definitely not for guys that like office chairs more than tucking in close to buck bedding.

It is actually more comfortable than a stand if you have any kind of back problems. I can’t stand a lock on, it kills my back. The saddle let’s me sit 7-8 hours in the same tree when 3-4 was a deal breaker in a lone wolf or XOP.

I guess you have never sat in a millennium, most comfortable stand I have ever sat in. I can see where it can be a advantage in certain situations.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastonoutdoors View Post
                I guess you have never sat in a millennium, most comfortable stand I have ever sat in. I can see where it can be a advantage in certain situations.

Considering I haven’t sat the same tree in over 2 years... a millennium is out of the question for my style of hunting. No matter how comfortable they are, I’m not dragging a 20lb bulky stand into the kayak or hiking in 2-3 miles with it on my back.

If you only sit a few different trees a year, you would miss out on most of the benefits of a saddle. I use it because I can get my gear extremely compact. This contains everything I need to get in a tree.... linesman spurs are my climbing method (where legal) and the saddle is inside the backpack, along with water and food for an all day sit.

Comment

When I read your title, I thought you meant saddle, as in horse back. That would be fun. I've been on a horse a number of times and walked right up on deer.

Anyway, I thought about those a while back when thinking of hunting public land. Havent had to replace any stands lately, but might do that next time it's needed.

Comment

Ironically enough I have the sitdrag, some webbing and a sewing awl sitting on my desk waiting for me to find the time to get to work on it. I don’t exactly want to eat the money I have in the equipment I’ve bought so far, but it looks like what they’ve designed is really nice.

Comment

Just another bump for the Tethrd Nation guys, since they are about to start shipping out orders.

If you haven’t looked into saddlehunting, check them out on YouTube. Also watch some of the YouTube videos from G2Outdoors for all kinds of saddle related answers.

Comment

Thinking about getting one of these this year

Comment

I've been toying with the idea of getting one of these, but my lease doesn't have the typical trees you see these used on. I'm in Young county and primary hunting ladder stands pushed up into pretty wiry live oak clusters, or ground blinds tucked into the cedars. Would one of these work in a situation like that?

Comment

Originally posted by CurrentTide View Post
                            I've been toying with the idea of getting one of these, but my lease doesn't have the typical trees you see these used on. I'm in Young county and primary hunting ladder stands pushed up into pretty wiry live oak clusters, or ground blinds tucked into the cedars. Would one of these work in a situation like that?

I hunt a lot of post oaks and live oaks along the red river. You can’t get as high, but they still work just fine. I like getting above the first layer limbs so I still have some decent shooting lanes, but I’ve got good cover.

Comment

I second this emotion! I hunted the entire season last year out of a saddle and I’m never going back to a tree stand. In fact I’ve preordered the Mantis and I’m putting my Guidos Web up for sale. It is super comfortable and safe but now that I’m used to it I want even more portability.

If anyone wants to start off with Lazy Boy of saddles hit me up. I also have a couple of Vioer climbers I’m goi g to put up for sale. They never got used last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
                                I second this emotion! I hunted the entire season last year out of a saddle and I’m never going back to a tree stand. In fact I’ve preordered the Mantis and I’m putting my Guidos Web up for sale. It is super comfortable and safe but now that I’m used to it I want even more portability.

If anyone wants to start off with Lazy Boy of saddles hit me up. I also have a couple of Vioer climbers I’m goi g to put up for sale. They never got used last year.
                                Shoot me a pm with info!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X