Please critique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please critique

I have become interested in photography. Not sure where to start but here is a phone pic that I wish I had used a nice/fancy camera on... What say you?
    Attached Files

I like it!

Comment

Thats a cool picture. I have tried over and over to take spider web pictures with my iphone and I can never get it to focus properly. You did good getting the light at the proper angle to get the web to show up that well.

Comment

You can't affect your depth of field with a cell phone, so a lot of the spider web is out of focus. It looks like a windy, overcast day as well, and both of those are going to affect focus. With a DSLR you're able to up your ASA and shoot at a higher shutter speed and an f stop that will give you more of the image in focus. I like the subject and how you have it set up. Good job overall!

Comment

Originally posted by El Viejo View Post
          You can't affect your depth of field with a cell phone, so a lot of the spider web is out of focus. It looks like a windy, overcast day as well, and both of those are going to affect focus. With a DSLR you're able to up your ASA and shoot at a higher shutter speed and an f stop that will give you more of the image in focus. I like the subject and how you have it set up. Good job overall!
          Thank you for the input. I was hoping for a better result. I like the pic but it does not do justice for the original. It was actually an extremely foggy day and the vegetation in the back ground would gradually disappear into the fog. The web had mist/dew and appeared to made of glass as it would catch the light. there were thousands of these all around as I walked but this one would almost take the shape of a parachute as it caught the breeze.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluetex View Post
            I like it!
            Thanks

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
            Thats a cool picture. I have tried over and over to take spider web pictures with my iphone and I can never get it to focus properly. You did good getting the light at the proper angle to get the web to show up that well.
            I kind of cheated in that the web had collected the fog mist and the would refract the light and almost made the webs look like they were made of a glass string. Wish I had a real camera and knew how to use it.

Comment

I did a decent bit of photography back when slrs only used film. I have a dslr now and can use the basic functions that my old slr had but there are so many settings, menus and other stuff that its difficult to navigate.

Comment

Working...
              X