ISO Pork asado recipe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISO Pork asado recipe.

Looking for a recipe if anyone has a good one they'd like to share.
    Thank you

Me too, as long as it's the red hot fiery gravy/stew that the local Mexican restaraunt has...

Comment

http://www.homesicktexan.com/2008/10...xas-asado.html
      This is the only thing i have found remotely close to what i grew up eating in west texas/se new mexico. I have made it, but always seems to be missing just a little of something. Good luck.

Comment

YouTube has a bunch of how to videos on this there is one by chef Marco Marquez I tried and it was excellent, word of caution he ain’t from these parts I almost didn’t watch the video when I saw the first few seconds, but the recipe is spot on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When I make adovada I use about two dozen Chile pods for the marinate. The only difference is you would use ancho Chile pods. I get a nice pork shoulder, trim the fat and debone. Then cut it into up to six inch strips and up to two inches wide.
          Once I get the marinate prepped I cover the strips of pork and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.

You can use this recipe and just substitute with anchos. I would add the oregano toward the end of the cook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks really appreciate the reply guys!

Comment

Chowhound is the site for food nerds - from expert chef tips to culinary how-to's, helpful ingredient lists, baking science, and more.

I've made this and it was good. The burrito place I used to go to made hot pork burritos with something like this. It's good. And just a word of caution you may not even need, I tried it with the canned chipotles in adobo sauce. I like hot foods quite a bit and it was unbearable, and I had belly issues for days afterward..

Comment

chili colorado is also a good use of chilis and pork

Comment

Working...
                X