No announcement yet.

Florida school shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local law enforcement: No ties between militia and Florida high school shooter

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
      Question:
      How many schools get shot up in Europe and Australia combined?

We should do whatever they are doing to reduce the number of school shootings we have

Thankfully, we don't live in Europe or Australia.

I mean are you proposing a handgun ban or all around confiscation? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
        I honestly don't understand how anyone could defend someone that does something like this. Lawyers, help me out. Is there some kind of requirement if you're a public defender? Are they just trying to make a name for themselves?

Of course he's a broken human being. You'd have to be to do something like this. Which is why he should just be put down as soon as the verdict comes in.
        I don't know the whole arrangement as far as how the public defender is picked. But I believe lawyers take an oath to provide the best possible defense for their client. I'm sure some lawyers can explain that better.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
          How come Crazy people, the vast Majority of time, attack Gun Free Zones? I promise crazy or not it's been proven armed citizens deter crime. And cowards like this fold like cheap blanket as he did, when confronted with someone armed
          I don’t know that they do. These shooters don’t chose schools because they are gun free. They choose schools because schools contain their preferred target, their peers. Whom they blame for whatever ails them.

Or, they choose schools/daycare because they contain a societies most innocent members and killing and maiming them will get more attention than doing the same to other segments of society.

Notice that no one carries out these attacks at a homeless shelter.

There is no way to make sense of what he did or what he was.

Ultimately, the only direction we need to point our fingers is at the monster who callously extinguished the lives of 17 people.

That picture...with those ears.

Comment

It starts at home. We have so many Grandmothers raising their Grandkids. My wife works at a Pediatric office and has for years. Kids talking about mom and dad in prison for drugs. Last week she had to go into the waiting room and ask a lady to go in the bathroom and turn a shirt inside out because the wording on the front said f*** you. This is in central Texas and they are about 70% medicaid. I have no clue how to get out of this system we have created. I'm older so good luck young one's figuring this out.

Comment

Originally posted by Kmart49 View Post
              Thankfully, we don't live in Europe or Australia.

I mean are you proposing a handgun ban or all around confiscation? Lol
              Nether!!!!

I said before confiscation ain't gonna work

But neither is putting a pistol in every waist band

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                It starts at home. We have so many Grandmothers raising their Grandkids. My wife works at a Pediatric office and has for years. Kids talking about mom and dad in prison for drugs. Last week she had to go into the waiting room and ask a lady to go in the bathroom and turn a shirt inside out because the wording on the front said f*** you. This is in central Texas and they are about 70% medicaid. I have no clue how to get out of this system we have created. I'm older so good luck young one's figuring this out.
                Ding ding ding
                Getting closer to the answer

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                  Agreed. I would also suggest that divorce is a contributing factor. Not judging anyone here.

Comment

I honestly don't understand how anyone could defend someone that does something like this. Lawyers, help me out. Is there some kind of requirement if you're a public defender? Are they just trying to make a name for themselves?

Of course he's a broken human being. You'd have to be to do something like this. Which is why he should just be put down as soon as the verdict comes in.
                    Originally posted by LWC View Post
                    I don't know the whole arrangement as far as how the public defender is picked. But I believe lawyers take an oath to provide the best possible defense for their client. I'm sure some lawyers can explain that better.

Most times it's random selection but in times like these some hot shot attorney will volunteer to take the case pro bono for the notieriety.

I have a buddy thats a administrative attorney (social security cases and what not) said that he had to fight for this child mol3ster to get $735 a month for the rest of his life in disability.
                    He won the case but he said he was hoping he would lose.

That's just the way a lot of pro bono work is.
                    Our constitution requires the perp to have proper representation or the case could be thrown out altogether

Comment

Question:
                      How many schools get shot up in Europe and Australia combined?

We should do whatever they are doing to reduce the number of school shootings we have
                      Confiscate all guns? Be a lot more dead they try that here. Remember Waco?

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

If they have a Public Defenders Office and she works there, she could have been ordered to take the case. She can’t refuse if she wants to keep her job.

If they don’t have a PDO, some jurisdictions require attorneys in private practice to take appointments at the request of a judge. So she could have been ordered by a judge to handle the case.

Once you are ordered to take the case you are ethically obligated to be a zealous advocate. No way around it.

I can’t imagine anyone in private practice handling that for notoriety because it’s only going to be bad. Plus, you have to self finance the defense. Unless she is really bored, really rich or both, she was likely ordered to handle case.

And it’s going to be a miserable ride. I would not have given press conference or released a statement either.

Comment

Tell me places that are not gun free?
                          Military bases?
                          They've gotten shot up before.
                          Police stations?
                          Cop got killed with his own firearm!
                          You're a lost cause . Continue to be a sheep. Cowards pray on the weak and innocent. What's weaker than praying on kids., that's why you see more incidents at those places.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post
                            If they have a Public Defenders Office and she works there, she could have been ordered to take the case. She can’t refuse if she wants to keep her job.

If they don’t have a PDO, some jurisdictions require attorneys in private practice to take appointments at the request of a judge. So she could have been ordered by a judge to handle the case.

Once you are ordered to take the case you are ethically obligated to be a zealous advocate. No way around it.

I can’t imagine anyone in private practice handling that for notoriety because it’s only going to be bad. Plus, you have to self finance the defense. Unless she is really bored, really rich or both, she was likely ordered to handle case.

And it’s going to be a miserable ride. I would not have given press conference or released a statement either.
                            A friend of mine was one of the JAG attorney for the Ft Hood shooter. I asked her how she could possibly defend a evil like him. And she told me " Justice. Our job is to defend him, as evil as he is, to the best of our abilities because if we don't then there is a chance for him to go free on a mistrial. We can't let that happen.... Truth and justice almost always prevail"... I thought her explanation made the most since to me.

Comment

Yep. You fight like hell and force the government to give him a fair trial. If you don’t, you likely lose the privilege to practice law. Just like a surgeon who provided substandard medical care because he didn’t like patient.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                                I really don’t know if armed security all over the school would work....what are they going to be armed with...a Glock, a M&P, or a XD? My 18year old would clean house with an AR and several mags against a dude with a pistol.

There has to be a better solution but I’ll be d-amned if I know what it is. How to we protect the kids and not violate the civil rights of others? I don’t think the Founding Fathers envisioned a society without any morals.....and that scares me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Seems like a good career for military vets that have returned home and are looking for a new job. Have them coach sports and teach classes as well so the pay isn’t completely “additional.” Glock 19 with a red dot concealed on their person, and AR’s secured where they can be used if time allows. They should be wearing plain clothes and fly under the radar.

I’d trust a guy who has been shot at regularly and killed a bunch of terrorists over a cop who sits in his car presenting a clear target and qualifies with his duty weapon once a year.

Schools also have PA systems that can spread the word to everyone quickly, which should help their response if utilized properly.

Comment

Working...
                                X