Built a bed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Built a bed?

Has anyone built a bed? My wife is worrying the mess out of me to build one. I try to tell her I need to finish one thing before I start something else. lol

Did you use pocket screws to attach everything so there weren't any screw heads visible? Or did you sink them and put a filler over them?

I built a bunk bed that looked like a john Deere tractor but I bet she wouldn't be happy with that.

Comment

I'm going to build one in a couple of weeks. Planned on using pockets screws on the backside of the wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've built one for my daughter. I used pocket holes at areas where strength mattered and just sunk and filled the trim pieces where the joint strength wasn't a big issue. That saved a little time since drilling the pocket holes is a little time consuming.

Comment

I built a king size for my wife. 90 percent of it is metal with some wood inserts.

Comment

No, but I built a country/ranch style chair once. I used pocket screws and filled the holes with dowel rod sanded smooth. Once stained, you couldn't see them. My ex wound up with it........

I hope it broke and dumped her sorry azz on the floor !

Comment

Comment

That's pretty nice man.

Comment

I built one pretty similar to Mason I used pocket screws, lag bolts for feet and carriage bolts to hold all the pieces together.

I did use a hole saw to make a recess hole for the carriage bolts

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I use a Kreg jig and PH screws. I'm starting on a new bed for the boy in the next week or so. Elevated loft bed with desk under.

Comment

I built this platform bed for my son's B-day. 2" square tubing and 1x8 ship-lap pine.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Pretty nice man !

Comment

That's nice Smoking. I bet it is pretty heavy too. lol Chad, you gonna have a thread to follow?

Comment

I'm gonna start on ours shortly. I'll post pics when I get done

Comment

Working...
                            X