Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd Draw?

Hey guys,

I was curious as to when the 2nd draw usually occurs? I guess another way of asking this is: When is the deadline for people accepting permits from the frist draw?

I've seen it average about 2weeks

Comment

Am waiting also.

Comment

My deadline was 9/29 for the rifle hunts (GDE).

My archery deer hunts just went from pending to not selected in the last few days.

Comment

I am pending 2nd draw on several hunts this year, just as I did last year, but I'm not very optimistic of being drawn. I don't know anyone that has been selected via the 2nd draw option. It's not that it can't happen, I'm just saying that "I" don't know of anyone that has

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
            My archery deer hunts just went from pending to not selected in the last few days.
            X2

Comment

Originally posted by jcd49 View Post
              I am pending 2nd draw on several hunts this year, just as I did last year, but I'm not very optimistic of being drawn. I don't know anyone that has been selected via the 2nd draw option. It's not that it can't happen, I'm just saying that "I" don't know of anyone that has
              The second draw winners are few, due to the fact they only have a second draw for slots that someone did not pay for the first draw they won.....I would imagine most hunts never have to do a second draw because all winners from the first draw have paid.
              But, yes I have see some post on this forum where people have won on the second draw, not many, but some.
              Last edited by Ungawa; 09-20-2015, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ungawa View Post
                The second draw winners are few, due to the fact they only have a second draw for slots that someone did not pay for the first draw they won.....I would imagine most hunts never have to do a second draw because all winners from the first draw have paid.
                But, yes I have see some post on this forum where people have won on the second draw, not many, but some.
                I'm one of the blessed ones that won a hunt in the second draw so it can happen. I drew elephant mountain wma.

Comment

Originally posted by texaswoods5 View Post
                  I'm one of the blessed ones that won a hunt in the second draw so it can happen. I drew elephant mountain wma.
                  Same for me last year for Honey Creek/GSP. Saved my season!

Comment

Texaswoods5 and .270. Sounds like no two better people could have won on a second draw than y'all, congrats. Thanks for confirming my reply.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I didn't have my hopes up as far as a 2nd draw, but was just curious as to the timeline.

Comment

My son was selected last year for a second drawing; I think it came about 2 wks after the original deadline.

Comment

Working...
                        X