Custom Dogbox trailer built by Ag kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Dogbox trailer built by Ag kids

here is a project I had some of my freshmen kids work on with my help. It started life as a bass boat trailer then when I was a kid my dad had it made into a 4 wheeeler trailer with pipe rail all the way around. We cut rail off front end then widened the front to fit the 10 hole dog box my friend and I drove to Louisville Kentucky to get. We then added tool box and two hole dog box. Not pictured is a 40 gallon water tank that sits beside the dogbox in the rear of the trailer. It is a tad tongue heavy but not as bad as it looks. it pulls perfectly though. It has already made one trip to Dallas from Lufkin and back full of dogs.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	dogbox trailer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	25050717

Sweet, yall must have a ton of dogs. I am working in Kentucky on a project about an hour North East of Louisville. You could always make next years class throw a tandem axle under it and move it forward a bit. That would help with the tongue weight.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanC26 View Post
      Sweet, yall must have a ton of dogs. I am working in Kentucky on a project about an hour North East of Louisville. You could always make next years class throw a tandem axle under it and move it forward a bit. That would help with the tongue weight.
      My friend I built it for discussed doing that, but honestly its not really bad, It doesnt squat her already lifted half ton but maybe a quarter inch. Its not over rated tongue heavy or anything just a bit more than a factory trailer would be. we still very well may do that just so that if we have a blowout we still have tire left.

Comment

Fat dogs in the back!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          Fat dogs in the back!
          thats it lol also the 40 gallons of water in the back help distribute weight a bit

Comment

Maybe Mitt Romney would be interested? (JK).

Comment

Saw that setup last weekend at the hunt test she was running. Looked good.

Comment

Originally posted by duckhacker View Post
                Saw that setup last weekend at the hunt test she was running. Looked good.
                Awesome. Glad to know a TBHER was there. I am going to go to some with her this year. I may see you

Comment

That for duck dogs Stunt?

Comment

Definitely need a tandem axle for this! If you stacked those on top of each other and then had a better axle and room for a Ranger you could sell this puppy for some good money!

Comment

Nice set up.

Comment

I know they're not building anymore this year but for the future,
                        Any way you could send me the cost to have them build an 83"x14' gooseneck dump trailer? Dual single wheel axle's, 14k rating

Comment

Nice

Comment

Working...
                          X