Truck tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truck tent

Does anybody use or have experience with one? Not specifically the one in the pic but in general. I've always wanted one and think they are a good idea for getting off the ground etc... Just curious if anyone had any first have experience.
    Attached Files

I always have too much junk in the bed of my truck to use one.

Comment

Yes, and I loved mine. I have the Napier Sportz III tent for a 2004-2012 Ford F150 short bed. Unfortunately I sold my truck and it doesn't fit my new one. Sets up easy and is well made.

Comment

Originally posted by smokeless View Post
        I always have too much junk in the bed of my truck to use one.

This!!!

Comment

I made one using pvc pipe and a tarp back in the early '90's. Very simple to do.

Comment

I have the camo Napier and love it. It beats any tent set up I have ever used. Just being of the ground makes a huge difference. I have been in several storms and never got wet. I take my toolbox out and use it as a step and front porch. Even has an awning. I went ahead and got the mattress that is molded for wheel wells. Awesome setup and easy to put up.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Keep it coming

Comment

I bought a cheap one 12 years ago, and don't use it much but it works great.

Comment

Friend had one. He liked it. It was kinda tricky to set up. I never really saw the point.

LWD

Comment

Could you fold the tail gate up with the tent set up? I ask bc if I wanted to launch a boat or something where I'm camping.

Comment

Anyone else?

Comment

Camp rite tent cot. Not a truck tent, but way better IMO . Add a thermarest roll up mattress and it's as good as home

Comment

This should work

Comment

Great in the summer, but cold in the winter. Nice if it rains or if there are snakes in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by kmlj9491 View Post

This should work
                              I'm good. But good job finding a truck like mine for an example

Comment

Working...
                              X