Road feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Road feeder

Gonna try and make a road feeder... I Just got through cutting the pieces and then bending the middle section... My plan is to build this feeder with the minimum tools (mainly Because that is what I have) so far I have used a grinder, wooden mallet and metal shears... I will pop rivit it it together.. There should b no welding...This will b a work in progress...I will update as I can
    Attached Files

looking good

Comment

following

Comment

Starting to take shape
        Attached Files

Comment

That is looking dope homie

Comment

I just can't find the time to work on it.... 30min here and there....at this rate it will take a longggg time....
            Maybe tonight when kids go to sleep....

Comment

And everyone said that "I can't build that, I don't have the right tools!!!" show them how it is done !

Comment

Had a little time to work on the feeder tonight and I have it assembled.. I still have to button it all up but it is together.... All of the bends were done by hand and fastened with pop rivits.. Here is what I have in this feeder for those that are thinking of doing one

Scrap yard plate 30$ (, and I have almost enough left over to do another one.)

$8 hinge

5$ for the latches

Already had the rivits
                ???$$$??? I need to buy a motor and spinner plate , this will b where I spend the most money...

$43 total
                Attached Files

Comment

Looks goods how much corn will it hold

Comment

I need the GS help.....

I am building this feeder for my brother. I plan on painting it black and I will b adding a latch, handle and a buck cut out (see pic)...
                    So which color do you vote for
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by thaTuna View Post
                      Looks goods how much corn will it hold
                      Should hold about 60-70lbs... I have one and it holds 50lbs and it needs to be a bit bigger....

Comment

How much does that thing weigh? Using steel or aluminum rivits? If using aluminum, they may shear off on rough terrain......just an observation. Looking good.

Comment

Looking good - I like the darker buck cutout better

Comment

Originally posted by postman View Post
                            How much does that thing weigh? Using steel or aluminum rivits? If using aluminum, they may shear off on rough terrain......just an observation. Looking good.
                            Good question? I weighed it and it weighs 23lbs. If I build another one I will use much lighter plate... This thing is stout.. I am using 3/16 aluminum rivits (and a lot of them) so it should be fine. When I bought the scrap plate I paid $.50 Per pound. So technically I have $11.50 of plate on It. :what:

Originally posted by dadogg View Post
                            Looking good - I like the darker buck cutout better
                            Thank you dadogg?? I sure do want to put some pink on there for him though
                            Last edited by fishstix; 02-10-2013, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Dark!

Comment

Working...
                              X