X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well played muzzle.

Comment

Originally posted by RockTippedStick View Post
      S&S, There is a place on the east side of Conroe that has some old used ones for sale. It is a salvage yard on HWY 105 near FM 1485. You would have to clean them up and make sure there are no mites in them. They have a couple different sizes.
      Great. Thanks for the info

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I went in my box today
        Things looked good so I added another deep on top.

Comment

I have 8 hives. I put the honey supers on them last weekend. Hope it doesn't rain almost every day this April and May like it did last year. It washed all the nectar out of the flowers. The only nectar flow we had was the mesquite but it sure made some good honey.

Comment

I do

Comment

Just getting started in bee keeping, it has been fun and addicting. Swarm traps out, still looking for my first catch. Fishing for bees!

Comment

who all has beehives?

I have caught two swarms in traps so far . Still have 4 more to check on . I have also picked up 2 swarms but the both left on me . Forgot to put the queen excluder on .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ShoootLow View Post

I do
                  I have a colony you can have if you want to come get them in magnolia

Comment

No hive, but sure could use some bees wax. How much for about softball size chunk ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                      I have a colony you can have if you want to come get them in magnolia

Are they in a hive box or a wild hive/swarm?
                      I would be willing to try.

Jeremy
                      936-443-5448

Comment

Originally posted by ShoootLow View Post
                        Are they in a hive box or a wild hive/swarm?
                        I would be willing to try.

Jeremy
                        936-443-5448
                        Wild swarm in a log on the ground. I would think it would be about as easy of a wild colony as possible to get. If I had the equipment I'd do it. I've even considered just robbing some honey. All I want is one small jar of honey out of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

I will gladly give your a jar from my current hive in trade if they are too difficult

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                            I have 2 hives in oak trees about 50 yards apart. The problem with them is I want to replace the fence line and they are too close to be running a welder close to. One is 5 foot off ground and other is 15 foot. Both have been there for past 10 years. I was quoted 200 dollars for each hive to remove them....my father was a bee keeper he had all equipment to remove the honey but him at 88 years young he can't do it anymore. I was going to wait for very cold day then dump insecticide in hole in oak tree and seal them up ..Andy
                            Please don't do that. Bees are disappearing quickly from pesticides and habitat loss. Look on craigslist, there will be someone who will come get the colonies for free.

Comment

My dad has a swarm in the soffit to the entry of his house. If someone wants the hive you can remove them. We will rebuild the soffit. They've been there about a year now and need to go. This is in Pflugerville.

Comment

I've always wanted to do this. We have wild ones that pretty aggressive. Probably Africanized. When I was younger we would rob a hive, but too old for that now. I just want some easy hives. What are the odds od keeping a relatively docile hive in Webb county?

Comment

Working...
                                X