Official: San Angelo State Park Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toddcaster View Post
    finally had some does on camera this morning still not taking much corn. i checked the other area that had been "corned" and it was all gone. Guess I'll stay in 4 this weekend and see what happens
    had a big doe come in tonight have to do something with chair she was 30 yards out and i moved around to get ready to shoot and the chair made a noise and gone but it got so quiet out there i heard a mouse farting

Comment

[/IMG]

Comment

no good
        Last edited by rbertman; 10-18-2011, 09:23 PM. Reason: no good

Comment

still have not figured out how to post pics having trouble

Comment

Well just to let everyone know the state park in area 7 where i have hunted for years i have only seen 4 deer on camera in 3 wks but lots of pigs every night goodluck if u plan on hunting that area any

Comment

well just a short update have talk to a few hunters in area 6 and 7 everyone seeming to have the same luck no one seeing a **** thing except for pigs in the morning hours headed back to bed down and not a person yet has been in range yet to get a shot if u have hunted out there this archery season and done any good please post something really a bad year would be nice just to see 1 running in the pasture or even hearing that someone had a little luck

Comment

Going to be my first time hunting this park. I know you can take does, but what is the size limit for bucks? Can you take turkeys, hogs, bobcats?

Comment

Originally posted by CenTexBowhunter View Post
                  Going to be my first time hunting this park. I know you can take does, but what is the size limit for bucks? Can you take turkeys, hogs, bobcats?
                  You are able to kill all the above and javelina and not a limit on size of bucks if u are talking about the San Angelo State Park only 4 days left in this hunt
                  Last edited by rbertman; 11-23-2011, 09:32 PM. Reason: interrupted

Comment

Thank you rbertman.

We got to the park Friday around noon unpacked and decided to hunt area 5 all weekend. There were a total of 3 hunters in our party. My friend hunted the gun blind closest to the road and had an 8 point come in friday afternoon and Sat morning. He missed a 30 yard shot the first time and did not have a shot the second time around. He described his spread at 3 inches outside the ears with it being an average height set of antlers. My father was set up on the water trough and about 100 yards in on the creek and saw does but nothing came close. I went to the back of the property and saw a spike and does with nothing coming into range. i did hear turkeys on the other side of the fence but nothing came out. Feathers and tracks are all on the back of the property. Overall a good experience just nothing in the ice chest.

We have decided to come back next year and hit it again.

Comment

Originally posted by CenTexBowhunter View Post
                      Thank you rbertman.

We got to the park Friday around noon unpacked and decided to hunt area 5 all weekend. There were a total of 3 hunters in our party. My friend hunted the gun blind closest to the road and had an 8 point come in friday afternoon and Sat morning. He missed a 30 yard shot the first time and did not have a shot the second time around. He described his spread at 3 inches outside the ears with it being an average height set of antlers. My father was set up on the water trough and about 100 yards in on the creek and saw does but nothing came close. I went to the back of the property and saw a spike and does with nothing coming into range. i did hear turkeys on the other side of the fence but nothing came out. Feathers and tracks are all on the back of the property. Overall a good experience just nothing in the ice chest.

We have decided to come back next year and hit it again.
                      glad you all saw some wildlife we hunted area 5 last year a little on the other end got alot of deer on camera at night only saw a couple deer in shooting light but i did talk to another hunter in area 5 and she killed a doe and she saw pigs almost every morning she hunted she was going in around the trough too hopefully a better year next year for everyone out there

Comment

just a heads up for anyone hunting in San Angelo State Park. The season opens this Saturday. I haven't signed up yet but typically you cannot put blinds out until Friday. I got a call from Kurt Kemp, the park superintendent, this morning asking if I had put blinds out in area 7, which I hadn't. Someone had already put out blinds (brand new ones per Kurt) and a brand new camera. They will be removed today. Gotta follow the rules.

Comment

Dang some people just don't learn they have been that way out there for 3 years Can't feed and set up early due to Dove hunting in progress

Comment

I'm heading there this weekend for a few days, not very optimistic but hopeful. looking at Twin Buttes too. Any day with a bow in hand with a broadhead!

Comment

Working...
                            X