BBQ Pit Trailer Mounted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ Pit Trailer Mounted

Been planning this pit for a while and I'm finally getting around to building it. Its 24" diameter pipe with 3/8" wall thickness. I dont remember what schedule that is now but you can look it up. It weighs around 97# per foot. The cook box will be 5' long and the firebox will be 2' long.

Its all going to sit on a 4x7 trailer. I had to change the springs and mounts on the trailer. The old springs were completely shot. The were also slip style springs and I changed over to double eye type. I opted to keep the axle and mounting tabs that were already on the trailer for now. Figured I could always change it around later

pics
    Attached Files

Comment

I had the end pieces and connector piece cut from 3/8" plate. I figured for the time it would take me to cut and grind these pieces I came out better having them cut. PM me for the name of the place in houston.
      Attached Files

Comment

The trailer needs to be reinforced. Its C channel sides with small angle iron cross brasses. I will cut the small braces out, box the frame in those sections and replace them with much thicker and larger angle iron.

I cut the rear portion of the frame out so that the firebox will sit down in it. The pit will be a part of the frame.

Not ready to mount yet but I couldnt resist a mock up to see what its going to look like.
        Attached Files

Comment

Looking great so far man. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Comment

Lookin good. Man thats a lot of pipe!

Comment

great job on that pit man!!!that 3/8ths gets heavy in a hurry

Comment

Need some spinners on that bad boy! Good looking job so far!

Comment

Looks great so far

Comment

helbndr23, Looks great so far. If I may suggest you might lengthen the frame to accommodate a 5 gal LP bottle and burners for Bean pots , for deep fryers. Perhaps a Chuck Box for utensils or Electric Lights Wished I had on mine!!!!
                    Not trying to be critical, just suggest items that probably ought to be on your Pit trailer!
                    Later,
                    John A

Comment

Please tell me this is going to be a reverse flow. Looks good

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Looking good. I really like those size smokers.

Comment

Originally posted by John A. View Post
                            helbndr23, Looks great so far. If I may suggest you might lengthen the frame to accommodate a 5 gal LP bottle and burners for Bean pots , for deep fryers. Perhaps a Chuck Box for utensils or Electric Lights Wished I had on mine!!!!
                            Not trying to be critical, just suggest items that probably ought to be on your Pit trailer!
                            Later,
                            John A
                            We normally roll pretty deep at cookoffs. We have a 35' fifth wheel that we take with us. It has plenty of space for all that other stuff. There will be a stainless plate on the firebox to warm / cook things on.

Originally posted by outlaw38 View Post
                            Please tell me this is going to be a reverse flow. Looks good
                            No not a reverse flow on this one. I dont know enough about them yet. This is my first pit build. Maybe on the next one. Actually it wouldnt be too hard to change at a later date from what I understand. Add a plate under the grating and move the smoke stack to the opposite side correct?

Comment

I took it easy today. Finished reinforcing the trailer. I will mount the pit tomorrow. Pics tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X