No announcement yet.

Good bye bump stocks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The way i'm reading this is that he is directing Sessions to look into the legality of bump stocks (ATF has been doing this since Vegas) and to make sure anything turning a gun into a machine gun is banned (a law already on the books). Meaning if it's determined the bumpstock doesn't turn the gun into a machine gun no ban. I see nothing stating "ban bumpstocks"

Comment

Anyone that has one, do you intend to just go turn it in? If I had one, I'd just go back to the old Charlton Heston ... cold dead fingers thing... Figure how many thousand bumpfire stocks have been produced since their introduction... How many have been used to kill people? ... ONE!! Yea, let's ban 'em all... But it's OK to kill babies before they're born, Kill teenagers and pre-teens by introducing them to drugs... Man, is this a messed up country...

This is THE ANSWER, and the ONLY ANSWER that will FIX this:

2Ch 7:12 Then the LORD appeared to Solomon at night and said to him, "I have heard your prayer and have chosen this place for Myself as a house of sacrifice.
      2Ch 7:13 "If I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or if I command the locust to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among My people,
      2Ch 7:14 and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
      2Ch 7:15 "Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to the prayer offered in this place.
      2Ch 7:16 "For now I have chosen and consecrated this house that My name may be there forever, and My eyes and My heart will be there perpetually.

Comment

my video response.

Comment

I never saw that coming.

Said no one!

Comment

So can get one right now for $100, should I? Or will the ATF kick down my front door and take it? I would be buying it just to re sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
              The way i'm reading this is that he is directing Sessions to look into the legality of bump stocks (ATF has been doing this since Vegas) and to make sure anything turning a gun into a machine gun is banned (a law already on the books). Meaning if it's determined the bumpstock doesn't turn the gun into a machine gun no ban. I see nothing stating "ban bumpstocks"
              Don't know what you're reading

directing the Justice Department to propose regulations
              press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said the administration had not “closed the door” on supporting a ban on assault-style rifles
              Sanders was pressed during the White House on whether the president still backed blocking the sale of such weapons, as he had proposed in book his 2000 book “The America We Deserve.”

Comment

This was probably posted here already, but worth repeating
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                  Don't know what you're reading
                  The actual memo. Not a glorified article written for views.

Comment

And.....

Oops, stupid pics didn’t load
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by BigDraw; 02-20-2018, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Good bye bump stocks.

The actual memo. Not a glorified article written for views.
                      Not sure I agree with your interpretation... especially considering his previous statements and the actions currently underway. If we are talking about just enforcing rules already on the books, why is there a need to propose new regulations?

Last edited by meltingfeather; 02-20-2018, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Not sure I agree with your interpretation... especially considering the previous statements and the actions currently underway.
                        Yeah I don’t agree either, looks pretty clear his intentions about bump stocks.

Comment

THE WHITE HOUSE

Office of the Press Secretary

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

February 20, 2018

February 20, 2018

MEMORANDUM FOR THE ATTORNEY GENERAL

SUBJECT: Application of the Definition of Machinegun to "Bump Fire" Stocks and Other Similar Devices

After the deadly mass murder in Las Vegas, Nevada, on October 1, 2017, I asked my Administration to fully review how the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives regulates bump fire stocks and similar devices.

Although the Obama Administration repeatedly concluded that particular bump stock type devices were lawful to purchase and possess, I sought further clarification of the law restricting fully automatic machineguns.

Accordingly, following established legal protocols, the Department of Justice started the process of promulgating a Federal regulation interpreting the definition of "machinegun" under Federal law to clarify whether certain bump stock type devices should be illegal. The Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking was published in the "Federal Register" on December 26, 2017. Public comment concluded on January 25, 2018, with the Department of Justice receiving over 100,000 comments.

Today, I am directing the Department of Justice to dedicate all available resources to complete the review of the comments received, and, as expeditiously as possible, to propose for notice and comment a rule banning all devices that turn legal weapons into machineguns.

Although I desire swift and decisive action, I remain committed to the rule of law and to the procedures the law prescribes. Doing this the right way will ensure that the resulting regulation is workable and effective and leaves no loopholes for criminals to exploit. I would ask that you keep me regularly apprised of your progress.

You are authorized and directed to publish this memorandum in the "Federal Register".

DONALD J. TRUMP

Comment

lets blame EVERYTHING BUT the shooter,now were gonna house him feed him cloth him give him health / dental care give him a degree of his choice , legal consule and pay his way for the rest of his worthless life. and again blame the tool he used. he and the rest who have done what he has done should be given the juice and sent where they belong. just my 2 cents. its funny we can give billions upon billions to the 3rd world crap holes who inturn try to wipe us out but cant find the funds to secure our schools. rant over...

Comment

I see where you're headed with this thinking. A bump stock will NEVER turn a gun into "any weapon which shoots . . . automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger." 26 U.S.C. 5845(b)

I fear DJT may be directing Sessions to ram the square peg into the round hole until it fits.

Comment

Not sure I agree with your interpretation... especially considering his previous statements and the actions currently underway. If we are talking about just enforcing rules already on the books, why is there a need to propose new regulations?

It just reads like lip service to me. There has been talk about proposing new regulations since Vegas. This just reads to me like "hurry up and complete this investigation". He may very well want to ban them. In that case I cannot and will not support that decision. The NRA has been lining up and jumping at the chance to sell us down the river on this since October. It would not surprise me one bit to see something done. I was just refuting the claim that he said "ban bump stocks"

Comment

Working...
                                X