New Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Shop

I priced this out with several contractors, and ultimately decided to sub it out myself (saved over $10k doing it this way). Still a work in progress, but getting closer to "done".

I put a demising wall splitting the space to 15'x25' and 35'x25'. The smaller portion is for storage and accessible from the main building that our business is in. The air compressor will also sit in the storage side to help keep the noise down in the shop. I have 125amps of 480V running to the building so I should be set for a while on power . Slab is 6" thick with a 12" perimeter. Metal building is 14 feet high in front and 16' high in the rear with 3" insulation and a 12' wide x 10' high roll up door.

Had an old Carrier 4 ton package unit that I set the other day (pulled it off a building we took down a few months back). Used the box blade to level the ground and set it on some spare cinder blocks. Waiting on the ductwork to come in now. Once I have air I will start moving everything over. Low voltage power should be finished Tuesday!
    Attached Files

Dang nice tractor you have there.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
      Dang nice tractor you have there.
      Thanks! Just got it about a month ago. Of course I'm already wishing I bought a bigger one.

Comment

Good for you. Hope it all continues to go well.

Comment

4ton package unit

Change of plans on the 4 ton unit. We went to startup the one we salvaged from another building (2001 unit) unit and turns out the compressor needed replacing. Instead of replacing it and dealing with what was probably more issues to come, I picked up a new 4 ton York unit and added some electric heat for $2,500~ Saturday. Set the unit today and will change the breaker from a 20 to 25amp tomorrow due to the electric heat addition.

Also hoping to get the ductwork finished this week and get the Bush Hog from another thread into the shop.
          Attached Files

Comment

found another pic of the outside...
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

Working...
              X