Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you dove hunt with an expensive shotgun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reason I ask is I inherited one of my dad's shotguns. I looked up the price and it's around $1800, which makes me kind hesitant to hunt with.
    Kinda curious what everyone else takes in the field? I guess the same question would go for an expensive deer rifle.

Dove-yes. Turkey/deer probably not.

Sitting on the tailgate with a beverage, spare shotgun in the cab, yep. Sitting in a tree or ground all day would be the reason not to.

Comment

Did your dad hunt with it? That would be my answer.

Comment

Use it and make memories with it like your dad did.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
          No brand new never fired.

Comment

I would. What would be the point of having it (other than sentimental value - which is legitimate) if you don't use it? Just take care of it, don't use it as a pry bar or any other such nonsense, clean it up after taking it out, and it should last. Enjoy your dad's shotgun.

Comment

Take it and honor your Dad's memory with it. I would take it dove hunting for sure!

Comment

Comment

Yes hunt with it...most duck guns are 1300-2000$ guns and they go through heck and back!

If it has a dipped stock be careful of the mosquito spray rubbing off onto the film, as it will take the color off after repeated use.

If its a wood stock I would just make sure to wipe it down after the hunt and enjoy shooting it!

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                    same here.

My dad passed me 2 shotguns, both valued at around $1800 to 2200. One was his go to shotgun, the other never left the safe. I wouldnt think twice to use the one he hunted with but the other will never be used. Just a personal thing I guess.

But in general, I guess I do hunt with an expensive shotgun. Only had my Beretta A400 for a year but that thing gets abused left and right in the dove field and duck hunting

Comment

I use lower cost everything guns, tools, everything. I treat them all about the same, my guns are tools, sometimes they get used, sometimes abused.

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post

Oh my!

No question about it, I'd be shooting that beauty! Smooth, comfortable, and deadly weapon right there.

Comment

gun

shoot it!!!! That's like having a vehicle you don't drive because you don't want to put miles on it!!!!

Comment

Define expensive? One buddy hunts with a parrazi, and another with a gold leaf model 21 Winchester,

Comment

Last edited by boh347; 08-14-2017, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X