No announcement yet.

Buying Land in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine is 30 acres and two(2) is about all I would want or the land can handle for hunting & safety sake. It depends on how stands are situated but I also look at the neighbors and consider safety & something rare these days .. commonsense .. Lol

Comment

Here ya...

Originally posted by Doug's_Optics View Post
      So, I just started to look in Ok and WOW.... There are some pretty good prices there. The only thing about Texas that helps me is If I get land somewhere that has some exotic it will let me hunt any time. My job sometimes keeps me so busy a good amount of time I am not able to hunt during normal deer season.
      I've never been much on exotics personally but I know a lot of folks are. For free ranging exotics you are looking Edwards Plateau most likely.

If you think Oklahoma place are good, look at SE Kansas. SE Kansas is probably the best big buck area for guys like me in North Texas. I will say the Panhandle is a close second !

Comment

What areas in Oklahoma are the best hunting?

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
          What areas in Oklahoma are the best hunting?
          There are no deer in Oklahoma!!!!

Look at Atoka,Pushmataha counties to start. You can go to the Oklahoma wildlife department and look at the deer checked in for each county. You can get some mountain land for a great price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Oklahoma

Originally posted by J-Fish View Post
            anyone on here a realtor in Ok or Kansas?
            Yes, I am licensed in Texas and Oklahoma. Be prepared to have everything you own stolen and your land hunted on by all of the locals while you are not there in Oklahoma. Also be prepared for a state income tax if you are ever going to live there.

Comment

Originally posted by lonestar98 View Post
              Yes, I am licensed in Texas and Oklahoma. Be prepared to have everything you own stolen and your land hunted on by all of the locals while you are not there in Oklahoma. Also be prepared for a state income tax if you are ever going to live there.
              Not interested in OK now!
              I really didn't like the short rifle season either

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                How many places have you bought like this?
                I can't speak for him, but I know of 6 tracts that have been bought this way, one of them by my mother (I made all of her contact/negotiating).

Comment

Originally posted by Doug's_Optics View Post
                  So, I just started to look in Ok and WOW.... There are some pretty good prices there. The only thing about Texas that helps me is If I get land somewhere that has some exotic it will let me hunt any time. My job sometimes keeps me so busy a good amount of time I am not able to hunt during normal deer season.

You need to find a different job.[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jen-Man View Post
                    You need to find a different job.[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Yes and no, My schedule is a little crazy to most people, but I do really love what I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriot-2000 View Post
                      I like Rocksprings area .. close to Garner State Park, S. Lanlo (Spelling ?) River State park, Nueces River .. a Lot to do .. We didn't just buy for hunting but a family recreation.

Yes it was a large Ranch broken-Up and that's why we did the homework... only got 1 Nucklehead and they only come 1-2x a year so No Big thing ..

TVLB at 7.5% is good with No deposit required at the time and a few other fees waved .. But the market does change as that was last year ..
                      I'm looking at doing the same thing. There are several that are out there right now around Rocksprings, Eden, and down by George West. The plots are on the smaller side in some instances (10-20 acres), but looking at maybe getting some adjoining. What was your experience? This would be our first foray in to buying land like this.

Comment

Working...
                      X