On-line Drivers Ed for Teens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On-line Drivers Ed for Teens

I've got a 15 yr old I need to get edumacated on how to drive. Wanted to knock it out this summer while she's not got a busy school schedule. Who's done the online method? What is the website? Any advice or tips other than don't run over anybody

I am in the same boat. I would like to hear of any beneficial website or video to have her watching.

Comment

You really think they will learn online? I can tell you I would blow through that online class like nothing as a teenager lol. I'd make them go to a class room type. Of course it's been a long time since I went. But I did learn. And the scary rides with the other student drivers are half the fun

Comment

I did Aceable driving and it is great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My son did the online course..I'l try and find out who it was through..Been a few years ago but it's not bad at all..

Comment

We used this one for my daughter. It is inexpensive. We will be using soon for my middle daughter.

Highly recommend it!

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
              We used this one for my daughter. It is inexpensive. We will be using soon for my middle daughter.

Highly recommend it!

This looks like the one we used from looking at the website....

Comment

we used curb busters for both of our kids been 4 years so far so good

Comment

Ok. Thanks for the info & link

Comment

Got a kid going through Aceable right now

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                      You really think they will learn online? I can tell you I would blow through that online class like nothing as a teenager lol. I'd make them go to a class room type. Of course it's been a long time since I went. But I did learn. And the scary rides with the other student drivers are half the fun
                      I don't see an extreme value sitting in a class listening to someone tell you all the laws verbatim from a book. Videos probably a little more intuitive. However, main thing is I will be teaching her how to actually drive which is the main ingredient.

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                        I don't see an extreme value sitting in a class listening to someone tell you all the laws verbatim from a book. Videos probably a little more intuitive. However, main thing is I will be teaching her how to actually drive which is the main ingredient.
                        Ours was real hands on and pretty interesting. This is coming from someone who did real well in school but HATED sitting there

Comment

We did the online deal for both our kids. You can't blow through it. Each page is timed. You can't click to the next page until the time runs. There are quizzes that you have to pass before being able to go to the next section. If you're just clicking through and not paying attention, you won't get past the first section.

I chose the home taught classes for two main reasons:

1. I didn't have to drive them to a class and then go back to pick them up when class was over, so it was MUCH easier on my schedule.

2. I got to be in the car with them during all their driving practice and instruction. I knew when they were ready to drive on their own (and when they weren't yet ready). When it came time to toss them the keys and let them go somewhere alone after they got their license, I felt a lot better about it after having been riding with them all that time and seeing their progress.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post

Highly recommend it!

Yep this one. Used it on all four of my sons. I will use it for my daughter in a couple years.

Comment

My daughter just started texas driving school online saturday...doing the self taught..can't just blow thru it because it's on a time schedule, and they have to call in ever so often and give codes that are sent to them randomly to make sure they are watching...talked to a driving instructor before starting and said most webites are about the same, and there are alot of free tests online that she could take just to practice and I should do them with her to be able to talk about situations.

Comment

Working...
                              X