St. Judes / Humana Rock N Roll Marathon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

St. Judes / Humana Rock N Roll Marathon

I started taking running semi serious back in March and learned mainly from my own hard headed mistakes, fighting injuries I kept on pushing and ended up having to take 2 months off from running to heal up. Now I'm all healed and running again and setting some lofty goals, one of them is to run a full marathon.. I chose the St. Jude / Humana Rock N Roll Marathon Series because of the 20 year history and what they have done for St. Jude and the promotion of running world wide.

I'm thrilled to be running for a reason and I need your help! I am going the distance for the kids of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
    St. Jude is leading the way the world understands, treats and defeats childhood cancer, I lost a very close friend as a child to cancer and I cant think of a better reason to run. This is why I've chosen to raise funds to support St. Jude. I'm running for a reason, and I need you to help me reach my fundraising goal of $500.00.

Any donation is a huge help to my goal and I would love to see it go over my goal!!!

FUNDRAISING LINK
    http://fundraising.stjude.org/site/T...al&fr_id=59336
    Attached Files

Done and shared to social media for you!!! Good luck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you so very much!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
        Thank you so very much!

Enjoy the run!! Just got into it myself. Started with a 10k. First distance race I've ever run. I'll never win one but it was fun and I hurt like hell for a few days afterwards and that was with some mild training leading up!

Comment

Good luck brother!!

Comment

Originally posted by Troup View Post
            Good luck brother!!
            Thank you !!!

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
            Enjoy the run!! Just got into it myself. Started with a 10k. First distance race I've ever run. I'll never win one but it was fun and I hurt like hell for a few days afterwards and that was with some mild training leading up!

I sure as heck will never win one, crazy thing is there are some very talented old fellas out there...however I'm not one of them, lol

Comment

Great cause! Ran my fourth full marathon this past October. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by DH3510 View Post
                Great cause! Ran my fourth full marathon this past October. Good luck!
                That's awesome... This will be my first and its a bit intimidating making the jump.
                I ran my first Half marathon last June and it was a eye opener, I was sure I was going to die before the finish line, lol. I then decided run some more, ran my 4th Half Marathon of the year with the plan to set a new PR of a sub 2hr, almost made it 2.00.04 and crossed the finish line with major IT Band issues and had to take 2 months off to rehab. I started running again recently and slowly building mileage. I have the "Texas Half" scheduled on Jan 15th with the plan to run it as a training run and a sub 2 hr target pace. Feb 5th is coming way to fast..

Comment

Holy smoke!!! I would like to THANK everyone that has made a donation!! On the second day and you have almost made the goal!!

You guys are awesome!!

Comment

Dale--St. Jude has been my charity for years....
                    Good on ya bro.......

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                      Dale--St. Jude has been my charity for years....
                      Good on ya bro.......
                      Thank you Sir, I'm kinda partial myself. I lost a family member to cancer at a young age.

Comment

Working...
                      X