Flat bottom and a few poles for sandbass yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wife, youngest son and I hit striker creek yesterday. Spent about 4 hours wearing em out. The wind was strong when we got there and was pushing us upstream, so I had to paddle to get downstream. I figured this would make it easier to to get back, so we went downstream farther than I normally would. Of course, by the time we headed back the wind was calm, so I had to paddle against the current. Got a good workout and my back and shoulders are sore today, but it was worth it. Almost caught our limit on keepers and threw back probably that many that were too small. Minimum length limit is 10", but there's not much meat on any under 12" so we threw back anything under 12.

Heck yes!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice job! I would be sore from cleaning them all!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
          Nice job! I would be sore from cleaning them all!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          It wasn't too bad. The wife and boy helped me a lot. After we figured out a system, it went well. 138 filets still takes a while, seems longer when you're bent over a table with an electric knife.

Comment

Strong work!

Comment

Well done. I hope to get into them like that next weekend.

Comment

Nice

Comment

That's a funny story, made me laugh. Yall cleaned em up! What we're yall using?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
                    That's a funny story, made me laugh. Yall cleaned em up! What we're yall using?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                    ⅛ ounce feather tail crappie jigs. They didn't really have a preference. The wife used white mostly, son used chartreuse, and I used yellow. I think my wife caught the most, but she was able to make more casts since I was paddling and the boy spent a lot of time goofing off or trying to help paddle. I tied an orange rattle trap on her line for a while, but they didn't like it as much.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                      ounce feather tail crappie jigs. They didn't really have a preference. The wife used white mostly, son used chartreuse, and I used yellow. I think my wife caught the most, but she was able to make more casts since I was paddling and the boy spent a lot of time goofing off or trying to help paddle. I tied an orange rattle trap on her line for a while, but they didn't like it as much.

Nice bud, doesn't get much better than that. Good eating too

Comment

Congrats! Lots of fun there.

Comment

That's a nice mess of fish!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                            Congrats! Lots of fun there.
                            It was a lot of fun. After cleaning them, I think my son is gonna be a sport fisherman! He didn't like having to clean them that late. It was after 1 before we got em in the freezer.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                              ⅛ ounce feather tail crappie jigs. They didn't really have a preference. The wife used white mostly, son used chartreuse, and I used yellow. I think my wife caught the most, but she was able to make more casts since I was paddling and the boy spent a lot of time goofing off or trying to help paddle. I tied an orange rattle trap on her line for a while, but they didn't like it as much.
                              Ha ha. I told my pops a while back that I did not know how he did it with twin boys. I can't hardly keep a line in the water when I take my boy. And I ain't paddling . That's a nice haul. Looks like y'all had fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X